Life in the Golden State

Friday, June 05, 2009

Confidence

I'm feeling more calm and confident about my (financial) decision to take the week-long class at CIA. It feels like a good decision. I'm really considering my options. I was looking at the Dept. of Labor's site for the outlook of becoming a baker. It's information is only up to 2006, but the information is fair. I'm sad by the lack of potential income. I would hope that I'd earn at least as much as, or more than, my sad little desk job I had when working for DCSS, but, no. The current earnings' potential is up to date (2008) and the income is just a few dollars more than what I make now. This is probably why a lot of people open their own bakeries.

I've seen two new movies this week. Yea for "movie season"! I spent my day off with Phillip on Wednesday. We saw Angels and Demons, had lunch at Buffalo Bill's aross the street, and then saw Star Trek. Even though it was my second viewing of Star Trek, I have to say that I enjoyed it a little more than Angels and Demons. Phillip felt the same, but I think that was due to reading the book before seeing the film. I really enjoyed out day together, and I can't say it enough. Thank you, Phillip!

I got to see Krishneel yesterday, and I now understand the deal with his (twin) sister's wedding: tradition. It's a bigger thing than that of a Chinese wedding. Lots of ceremonies, parties, food, and prayers the week before and a few days after the actual wedding. Krishneel is taking 3 weeks off work to prepare for the wedding and to visit with family (coming in from Australia, New Zeland, Canada, Fiji, and various parts of the USA), and V is taking an additional week to go on her honeymoon. I'd love to see the wedding, but with over 600 guests in attendance, I told Krishneel to not worry about trying to squeeze me in. I don't know his family well enough to just be there, and he'd be too busy to babysit me... Whenever I get married, it'll be so tame, small, short, and blah in comparison, but it'll also be affordable. I like that trade-off as long as what I do is special to me, my husband, and our families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home