Life in the Golden State

Monday, July 06, 2009

music, fireworks, friends

My "weekend" was fun. I'm always so much more refreshed for work when I get the two days off in a row!

Friday.
Had a massage at 11am. While I was getting sore that afternoon, it was much needed. I had many a knot in my tired muscles. The therapist was very friendly and comfortable. I'd go back again... That afternoon, I hung out with Phillip and then had dinner with Carolyn and Dayni at Ray's Sushi in Hayward. It was OK. My biggest complaint was the service. They were slow and brought out our items sparadically (sp??). I was missing a roll for a very long time. We all were done eating and it still hadn't come. I called a waiter over to cancel the order and he arrives back at our table with the roll in hand. He says, "sorry, it's already done" and plops it down in front of me. I was too full to eat it, and on top of that, it had too much spicy sauce. What the hell?!? Why force us to eat and pay for something that we didn't want? I should have been more forcefull and I will be in the future. After dinner, Dayni left us and we met up with Jen H and Louis. We kareoked our hearts out. Yes, even yours truly attempted quite a few songs. We sang almost all of the Michael Jackson songs that the place had on file. Carolyn did a great rendition of "Ben". I've never heard it before, but it's about his pet mouse and Michael was a kid when it was recorded. To extend our Jackson night, we tried a couple of Janet's songs, but that was a no-go. And, the listings didn't have any Jackson 5 nor The Jacksons' songs. We made do anyway. Thank you Michael for all your music and the impact on our lives.

Saturday.
I went to lunch with Andrea. We met up at The Cheesecake Factory in Dublin. It was good to finally get caught up. We were served huge-ass (HUGE!) sandwiches for lunch and got slices of cheesecake to go. We shopped a little at the mall and then parted ways.... That night, I drove carpool to go see fireworks. We went out to San Ramon. I'd been there before, and was determined to find free parking that was away from the main croud. I succeeded. After the great show (we will be going back next year), I had very little difficulty with getting back on the freeway. I think I was home by about 11pm. Two years ago, I hadn't even left the parking lot by that time!!! Great improvement and THANK YOU for going with me!

Yesterday, before work, Dad and I went to see "Up". Very good movie. Dad liked it as well. I can see why everyone's been crying at the beginning. It's a good story with only one major flaw. The characters were very real-like. I'm glad that we went to the movies and that that was the start to my day. From there on, it was just dealing with crap at work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home