No More Music
DONE!!! The 8th grade class at Arr... er... Washington Manor has graduated!! YEA!
Yesterday morning I was tortured by yet more awful band music, and more of the obnoxious microphone man. For three days straight, they practiced and practiced, and it still sounded bad. Graduation, I found out, was to be held at 5pm yesterday at Arroyo's Gym. Hello! At Arroyo! Why must they torture us loving neighbors?
So, they graduated last night while I was at work. Awesome. I was looking forward to a nice, quiet night b/ I wasn't feeling good. I was thankful that the graduation mob was to be elsewhere. Wrong. I get out of my car (at a smidge past 10pm) and hear the familiar rumble of a dance going on in the cafeteria/multi-purpose room across the street. urgh. I head straight to bed and get woken up at a few minutes past 11pm. Car stereos thumping (obviously their older siblings were doing the driving), girls shrieking, doors slaming. Why? And, what was up with the chickies. Yes, we all know that your graduated from the EIGHTH GRADE. Huge accomplishment. Now, shut up!
Today? Well, just the rumbles of the various garbage trucks. Either class is in session for the 6th and 7th graders, or the teachers are just having a couple of work days to clean up and do grades. It's sooo soothingly quiet. Even my house is quiet. No hum of Mom's air machine as she's at the doctor. I'm feeling the peacefulness. I just may take a nap b/ I'm still not feeling swift. I do not want to get sick. I've got too much fun (I hope) coming up next week!
Yesterday morning I was tortured by yet more awful band music, and more of the obnoxious microphone man. For three days straight, they practiced and practiced, and it still sounded bad. Graduation, I found out, was to be held at 5pm yesterday at Arroyo's Gym. Hello! At Arroyo! Why must they torture us loving neighbors?
So, they graduated last night while I was at work. Awesome. I was looking forward to a nice, quiet night b/ I wasn't feeling good. I was thankful that the graduation mob was to be elsewhere. Wrong. I get out of my car (at a smidge past 10pm) and hear the familiar rumble of a dance going on in the cafeteria/multi-purpose room across the street. urgh. I head straight to bed and get woken up at a few minutes past 11pm. Car stereos thumping (obviously their older siblings were doing the driving), girls shrieking, doors slaming. Why? And, what was up with the chickies. Yes, we all know that your graduated from the EIGHTH GRADE. Huge accomplishment. Now, shut up!
Today? Well, just the rumbles of the various garbage trucks. Either class is in session for the 6th and 7th graders, or the teachers are just having a couple of work days to clean up and do grades. It's sooo soothingly quiet. Even my house is quiet. No hum of Mom's air machine as she's at the doctor. I'm feeling the peacefulness. I just may take a nap b/ I'm still not feeling swift. I do not want to get sick. I've got too much fun (I hope) coming up next week!

4 Comments:
at least your experience made for a good story :o)
dk
By
Anonymous, At
6/11/2009 11:36:00 AM
glad to hear the headaches are over! they should have some rules so they don't annoy the neighborhood like that. get ur rest. c u soon
By
carolyn, At
6/12/2009 10:07:00 AM
Don't bash the teachers too much. Teaching 8th grade isn't easy...
Eric
By
Anonymous, At
6/14/2009 09:35:00 AM
I remember 8th grade, and I can't imagine teaching it. The practice didn't bother me so much as the awful music... Those headaches are over, and the school is oh-so-quiet except for the construction of the massive new building to replace all the portables. Thanks for the comments! Yes! I have readers!!
By
amy, At
6/22/2009 01:19:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home