worries
Not much happened this weekend. I worked... and I did have lunch with Jennell on Sunday. Her grandmother is in town visiting and wanted to see Mom. All of us (plus Dad) met up at Manor Grill yesterday before I had to work. It was nice to see Lida again. It's been years, and she looks great. She's very active and loves living up in Redding (near her brother and with her daughter). I had a yummy lunch of a chicken sandwich w/ pesto mayo and avocado. It was rich and filling and messy.
Work has been sucking. What else is new, huh? :>) The courtesy clerks have more tasks to do. We have to clean odds and ends of the store that the departments don't have time for. Some examples for y'all are: polish the Starbucks' railing, polish the chrome on the produce bins, clean the doors to produce's backroom, clean the fridges at the registers, clean the air intake vents at the back of the store, and, my personal favorite, clean the glass in the bakery. Ah, my second home when "push comes to shove". Yesterday, I spent a good hour cleaning the glass on all the cases in the bakery. On top of that, I was still helping customers and offering samples to everyone so that if I got shopped, I wouldn't miss that detail. I didn't cut bread or get food for people, but my bakery friends were kind to hop-to. I was there to clean, not to actually work. I didn't want to get into any more trouble. Another issue I'm having at work is something I don't really wanna talk about until my union rep calls me back. I can say, though, that I feel like I'm being set up to be fired, and it's not a good feeling. I felt that way while in the bakery, but I was just yelled at and never written up for stuff. I'll let you know what happens in these next few days.
The only other thing going on is how I'm worrying about Mom's health. Again. I know. It's tiring. Aside from the newest infection outbreak, and the ever-increasing oxygen flow, and a laundry list of other crap, Mom's newest and most urgent problem is a lack of potassium. I had Phillip look it up for me, and the side effects describe her perfectly. The lack of this substance, or the inablility to process it correctly, can get very severe and people die from it. I hope that the xrays and blood tests that are coming up will show some improvement.
Work has been sucking. What else is new, huh? :>) The courtesy clerks have more tasks to do. We have to clean odds and ends of the store that the departments don't have time for. Some examples for y'all are: polish the Starbucks' railing, polish the chrome on the produce bins, clean the doors to produce's backroom, clean the fridges at the registers, clean the air intake vents at the back of the store, and, my personal favorite, clean the glass in the bakery. Ah, my second home when "push comes to shove". Yesterday, I spent a good hour cleaning the glass on all the cases in the bakery. On top of that, I was still helping customers and offering samples to everyone so that if I got shopped, I wouldn't miss that detail. I didn't cut bread or get food for people, but my bakery friends were kind to hop-to. I was there to clean, not to actually work. I didn't want to get into any more trouble. Another issue I'm having at work is something I don't really wanna talk about until my union rep calls me back. I can say, though, that I feel like I'm being set up to be fired, and it's not a good feeling. I felt that way while in the bakery, but I was just yelled at and never written up for stuff. I'll let you know what happens in these next few days.
The only other thing going on is how I'm worrying about Mom's health. Again. I know. It's tiring. Aside from the newest infection outbreak, and the ever-increasing oxygen flow, and a laundry list of other crap, Mom's newest and most urgent problem is a lack of potassium. I had Phillip look it up for me, and the side effects describe her perfectly. The lack of this substance, or the inablility to process it correctly, can get very severe and people die from it. I hope that the xrays and blood tests that are coming up will show some improvement.

1 Comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully they can treat it and she'll get better soon. Sucks about your work too.
By
carolyn, At
7/13/2009 09:12:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home