"Archive" #2





The Gilroy Garlic Festival. I went on July 25th with Phillip, Claire, and Debbie. It was hot, entertaining, and most importantly, a lot of garlic was eaten. We tried on garlic (and pumpkin) hats. Between all of us, we ate/drank: non-sticky garlic fries, Italian sausage, linguica, chicken stir fry, frozen lemonades in plain and strawberry, chocolate candy w/ garlic, chicken quesadilla, sangria, and tons and tons of water. If I didn't say that there was garlic in everything but the drinks, well, I'll say it again. Garlic in everything! Y-U-M! Sadly, I didn't get any garlic ice cream. They were handing out samples, and the line was too long. There was the ice cream booth, but the line was waaay too long in the sun for me to consider it. Besides, my rationale was that I was headed for The Stinking Rose the following Monday, and I could get it there. :>) No, the garlic extravaganza wasn't planned. The restaurant was on the calendar before the last minute addition to go to the festival. Those days off of work (aka suspension) were spent well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home