Mom OK, Lisa Wonderful, and Work Bad
Mom's OK. A couple of hours after the previous post, Mom called me from the hospital asking for me to call Dad to pick her up. We expected that she'd be in a few days, but they released her after just an overnight stay to get the IV-postassium. I don't understand.
I didn't have a chance to update the blog b/of work stress, a doctor visit for myself, and all the packing that was needed for our surprise visit to Lisa. Yes! I can finally say it now! We (me, Phillip, Carolyn, Jen R, Jen H, and Louis) all went to see Lisa in Michigan. We had been working on a surprise visit (with Lisa's husband's help, of course) for the last two weeks, and therefore, there were a lot of boring and un-updated blogs, and withholding of info from anyone Lisa knows. I'll give the story a little later, but we took the red-eye out of SFO on Wed, July 15th, and came back extremely late last night (Mon, July 20th).
As for my job, well, I'm not sure. I asked for time off well in advance. I didn't get it b/ my store manager is an ass and b/of favortism. I went to MI anyway, and I called-in every day. Yes, every day. Aside from allowing me to fly out to MI on Wednesday night, they had me scheduled to work the entire time I was there. For me, there was no forgetting about work. When I called-in on Saturday, the store manager talked with me. He was positively giddy. He asked if I was still out of town, and then told me that I was being suspended... I don't know the details. I don't know for how long. I don't even know if I have to go to work today just to be yelled at or to work my shift. I've called my union rep. I should have called her earlier in the day, but I delayed. I soooo don't want to deal with all of this, and it's hard to force myself. I despise having to fight for a job I hate, but at the same time, I don't want a "black mark" on my job history just because the boss is a complete ass.....
More updates on both events will be posted here soon.
I didn't have a chance to update the blog b/of work stress, a doctor visit for myself, and all the packing that was needed for our surprise visit to Lisa. Yes! I can finally say it now! We (me, Phillip, Carolyn, Jen R, Jen H, and Louis) all went to see Lisa in Michigan. We had been working on a surprise visit (with Lisa's husband's help, of course) for the last two weeks, and therefore, there were a lot of boring and un-updated blogs, and withholding of info from anyone Lisa knows. I'll give the story a little later, but we took the red-eye out of SFO on Wed, July 15th, and came back extremely late last night (Mon, July 20th).
As for my job, well, I'm not sure. I asked for time off well in advance. I didn't get it b/ my store manager is an ass and b/of favortism. I went to MI anyway, and I called-in every day. Yes, every day. Aside from allowing me to fly out to MI on Wednesday night, they had me scheduled to work the entire time I was there. For me, there was no forgetting about work. When I called-in on Saturday, the store manager talked with me. He was positively giddy. He asked if I was still out of town, and then told me that I was being suspended... I don't know the details. I don't know for how long. I don't even know if I have to go to work today just to be yelled at or to work my shift. I've called my union rep. I should have called her earlier in the day, but I delayed. I soooo don't want to deal with all of this, and it's hard to force myself. I despise having to fight for a job I hate, but at the same time, I don't want a "black mark" on my job history just because the boss is a complete ass.....
More updates on both events will be posted here soon.

1 Comments:
I wouldn't stress about it. Do your best but I hope emotionally it's not bothering you. Good luck with everything, what a headache you're dealing with, I just hope you're not letting it get to you. ..not..worth..it..
By
carolyn, At
7/22/2009 08:59:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home