Work Updates
10:44am
No news. I went to work last night and nothing happened. I just called Marla, my friendly union rep, and left her a message to tell her so.... It's a waiting game to see if Gary's threat on Saturday comes true.
---- Update to the Update ----
4:40pm
I was called into the managers' office and walked out with a suspension from work. It lasts three days and started immediately.
4:47pm
In the Safeway parking lot, I left a message with my union rep. I drove home by taking the streets.
I emailed a few people earlier today. I also finnished a job application for Panera Bread. I emailed my people I used for references to give them a heads-up.
I just finnished dinner with my parents. I haven't done that in a long time. We had baked potatoes, peas, and prime rib/rump roast/whatever that yummy hunk-o-meat is. We watched "Bones" on TNT. It's a newer re-run than I normally watch, but it's still entertaining: Booth and Bones go undercover at a circus to find out who murdered a conjoined twin.
I feel wierd. I'm upset b/of my suspension at work. I've never been written up before, much less kicked out of work like this. At the same time, I'm feeling free. I feel like I get some more time off from a job where the management didn't like me, where playing favorites was "king", and where an insane amount of cleaning was performed every day on things that didn't need cleaning every day.... I intend to use my time wisely by job searching and applying to as many as possible. I wanna follow-up on a few I applied to last week.
Another thing that feels wierd is not having Phillip around. For a week, I saw him every day. For 5 days straight, we were together non-stop. I haven't seen him in the last two days and I find it wierd... like he's missing despite the fact that we've been talking on the phone. I felt that way about my other travel buddies from this weekend, too. Yesterday, it was odd to wake up in an "empty" house with just Mom... I had so much fun this weekend that I have no regrets in regards to my troubles at work. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd make the same decision to go to MI. :>)
No news. I went to work last night and nothing happened. I just called Marla, my friendly union rep, and left her a message to tell her so.... It's a waiting game to see if Gary's threat on Saturday comes true.
---- Update to the Update ----
4:40pm
I was called into the managers' office and walked out with a suspension from work. It lasts three days and started immediately.
4:47pm
In the Safeway parking lot, I left a message with my union rep. I drove home by taking the streets.
I emailed a few people earlier today. I also finnished a job application for Panera Bread. I emailed my people I used for references to give them a heads-up.
I just finnished dinner with my parents. I haven't done that in a long time. We had baked potatoes, peas, and prime rib/rump roast/whatever that yummy hunk-o-meat is. We watched "Bones" on TNT. It's a newer re-run than I normally watch, but it's still entertaining: Booth and Bones go undercover at a circus to find out who murdered a conjoined twin.
I feel wierd. I'm upset b/of my suspension at work. I've never been written up before, much less kicked out of work like this. At the same time, I'm feeling free. I feel like I get some more time off from a job where the management didn't like me, where playing favorites was "king", and where an insane amount of cleaning was performed every day on things that didn't need cleaning every day.... I intend to use my time wisely by job searching and applying to as many as possible. I wanna follow-up on a few I applied to last week.
Another thing that feels wierd is not having Phillip around. For a week, I saw him every day. For 5 days straight, we were together non-stop. I haven't seen him in the last two days and I find it wierd... like he's missing despite the fact that we've been talking on the phone. I felt that way about my other travel buddies from this weekend, too. Yesterday, it was odd to wake up in an "empty" house with just Mom... I had so much fun this weekend that I have no regrets in regards to my troubles at work. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd make the same decision to go to MI. :>)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home