Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm Tired

If you've asked how I've been doing within this past week, that is probably the first answer I gave you. I'm tired. I've been scheduled and working a lot. Not full-time, but pretty darn close to it. Basically every day for some amount of time since last Thursday and it doesn't look like it'll let up any time soon. I'm waiting for the next schedule to come out before I complain.

Other than working, I've.... slept? Hmmm. Not much beyond the working. I got to watch the West Wing premire on Sunday. I'd forgotten where the story line was, I guess. I thought I'd get to see who won the election, but they didn't show that. I'm sure they're waiting for at least November to show that, if not longer.

Some obvservations since I've started working at Target?

Well, there are a lot of kids. People in NH and MA have a lot of children really close together. Lots and Lots of double strollers. Whether they're side by side or the front and back kind, there are a lot of them. Not only are the kids close in age, but there are quite a few twins on this planet.

It'd be a little understatement if I said that people around here love the Red Sox. Just a little. Luke's even converted and is waiting for the prime time to unveil his "Yankee Hater" t-shirt. I've never seen him so hostile as I have when he's watching a Red Sox/Yankee game or even the Red Sox game tonight (they're playing the Blue Jays but it is a critical week - the last week - before the play offs). The fans at Fenway are even cheering for Baltimore as they watch the scoreboard in the outfield. The announcers have shown great clips of the Yankee game and the fans have cheered, but neither concerned the game they were all there to see: The Red Sox! So, with that in mind, it came as no surprise last week when I worked on Tuesday (the day for new movies) and both girls and big, buff, manly men purchased "Fever Pitch". I commented on the good movie to one huge, tatooed, scruffy man and he said that he'd never even seen the movie and that, "it has to be good b/ it's about the Red Sox, right?". UUUMMMM, yeah.

I guess that's all. I can't think of what else I had to say anymore... bummer. We're not winning anymore. It's now tied. Luke is all fidgety and grumpy as he tries to cheers on his adoptive team to victory... clapping and a channel change. We must have just gotten the last out to end the inning. GO TEAM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home