Observations and Notes
I think I'm the only person in the entire state that uses a windshield cover for their car. Look in any parking lot and you'll easily spot my car cuz it's the one with the shiny, silver windshield. It's probably a weather thing, but I enjoy mine and I won't stop using it until it's yucky and wintery outside. My car is parked in the sun as we're on the eastern side of the house and I like to be able to touch my steering wheel when I drive.
People in Nashua love to use their horn. We hear it all day and night since the house is between two major intersections. I think people use it more as a warning thing, a precaution, rather than a "you suck!" thing. I got honked at last week. I was peeking out of the driveway of my bank and this lady lays on the horn like I was about to jump out in front of her. Hello! I saw you! I was kinda out in the lane before she even drove up on me. I wasn't going anywhere until the wave of cars passed, but I guess that she can't read my mind.
I applied to a "real" job today. It's a full-time position in MA for the Dept of Public Health. If hired, I'll be getting a "promotion" as the job title is an Asst 2.
In MA, the driver's licences have their own system to recognize the under age kids. Instead of that obnoxious red line, they rotate the cards. Adults have an ID that looks normal and lays horizontal. Kids have a slightly different arrangement and it lays vertical.
On the weekends, there are a lot more MA plates on cars. They really come up en-mass to go shopping tax-free.
In NH, everything is tax-free except restaurants. DId I tell you that yet??? If so, please listen again. If you buy anything from anywhere, there is no tax. I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet, but the only taxes taken out should be the federal ones. If you go to a restaurant, a fast food place, or anything else that retails food (like the Food Avenue inside Target) you get taxed on those food items. You don't get taxed on food, though, if you buy it from Target outside the Food Avenue area or at your local grocery store.
I just made some kick-ass fajitas and rice for a late lunch. I'd like to thank Mom for telling me the secret to rice cooking and favoring, McCormick spices for their fajita mix, and Shaw's for selling me some pricey yet pretty and tastey red, orange, and yellow bell peppers.
Katie's birthday was Saturday. I'm told there was a family dinner on Sunday to do the annual combined event of KT's and my uncle's birthdays. Eric's birthday is this coming Saturday. Happy birthdays, guys.
People in Nashua love to use their horn. We hear it all day and night since the house is between two major intersections. I think people use it more as a warning thing, a precaution, rather than a "you suck!" thing. I got honked at last week. I was peeking out of the driveway of my bank and this lady lays on the horn like I was about to jump out in front of her. Hello! I saw you! I was kinda out in the lane before she even drove up on me. I wasn't going anywhere until the wave of cars passed, but I guess that she can't read my mind.
I applied to a "real" job today. It's a full-time position in MA for the Dept of Public Health. If hired, I'll be getting a "promotion" as the job title is an Asst 2.
In MA, the driver's licences have their own system to recognize the under age kids. Instead of that obnoxious red line, they rotate the cards. Adults have an ID that looks normal and lays horizontal. Kids have a slightly different arrangement and it lays vertical.
On the weekends, there are a lot more MA plates on cars. They really come up en-mass to go shopping tax-free.
In NH, everything is tax-free except restaurants. DId I tell you that yet??? If so, please listen again. If you buy anything from anywhere, there is no tax. I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet, but the only taxes taken out should be the federal ones. If you go to a restaurant, a fast food place, or anything else that retails food (like the Food Avenue inside Target) you get taxed on those food items. You don't get taxed on food, though, if you buy it from Target outside the Food Avenue area or at your local grocery store.
I just made some kick-ass fajitas and rice for a late lunch. I'd like to thank Mom for telling me the secret to rice cooking and favoring, McCormick spices for their fajita mix, and Shaw's for selling me some pricey yet pretty and tastey red, orange, and yellow bell peppers.
Katie's birthday was Saturday. I'm told there was a family dinner on Sunday to do the annual combined event of KT's and my uncle's birthdays. Eric's birthday is this coming Saturday. Happy birthdays, guys.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home