Life in the Golden State

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sickness

Since my last entry, I haven't done much but be sick. I feel tons better now, though. I can talk w/o pain, I don't have the chills, and my headaches are gone. The only thing left is that stupid cough. I just cough all the time with no regard to asthma meds or cough syrup...

My first day back to work was yesterday. It was a loooong day. I worked 1-10pm (and then some as I had to wait for people with no money decide what items they actually wanted to buy in the half-lit store and then to complete the pick-up of all the check lanes downstairs). The highlight of my day was when Luke came in for the first time. He was spending his day running errands and leaving the apt empty for the relator to show. He was kind enough to run back upstairs and get some travel kleenexes to buy. While waiting for his credit card to process, I happily snagged a package. The low point of my day was finding out that even though I was scheduled for 9hrs that I still only get a 1/2 hr lunch and two 15 min breaks. That really sucks - esp since I'm used to paid lunches, and before that, hour lunches w/ only a 7 1/2 hr work day.

Even though I was in bed by 1130pm, I didn't get much sleep. Cough, cough, cough. Luke says he went to bed around 2am. I must have passed out some time after that, but I don't know when. I woke up again, coughing, around 4am and then the alarm clock went off at 6am for me to go to work. Greeeaaat. Exhausted from yesterday and no sleep and I was supposed to work a full shift this morning (830am to 5pm). Not long after I got there, I asked to leave early. It was OKed, and I found myself walking out the door at 1230pm. Yea!

I sat in my car for a few minutes to regain energy to drive home. I've managed an hour nap and some lunch and to print out my flu shot confirmation form (as long as I'm not still sick on Friday). Nothing else going on around here. Luke's watching various football games.

As for all the flooding, we're not near those areas. Both are near the Vermont border and further north than our location. The most flooding I've seen is the corner we live on. The street dips and there is a small lake. This morning we saw the sun for the first time in over a week. It was bright. It was overcast by the time I was driving home from work and it is supposed to rain tonight and Wednesday....

1 Comments:

  • i hear ya! i just updated. please enjoy. and i've had a fairly happy weekend, so far, excluding the apt showings. thanks. :>)

    By Blogger amy, At 10/23/2005 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home