Traveling Home and Seeing Witches
I haven't updated in a while b/ I took a trip home two weekends ago. It was a surpise for my dad's 50th birthday. I flew into San Jose on the 30th and spent the night with my sister. My flight got in early and so by the time that she picked me up, she was actually "on-time". We went out to dinner at Black Angus and ate waaay too much. I was able to spend my gift card, though, finally. :>) We then went back to her place and watched The Wedding Date and went to bed.
The next day, Saturday, we watched Crash, picked up Dad's birthday cake, and drove home and met up with the family for a quiet dinner at the used-to-be-Prings place. We were in our own room, but it was dark (who needs mood lighting for a group with two small children and people who can't see their food?) and the service was slow. We got two complimentary salads to share as we waited for the dinners. We went back to the house for cake and coffee and after evreyone left, I went out with Phillip, Andrea, and David (her husband) to Krayons in Castro Valley. It was a lot of fun. We kareoked and danced and talked and got caught up. I had a few tastey drinks and Phillip stuck to beer. Lauren, a former co-worker as well, and her boyfriend showed up along with a couple of their friends. It was a good night.
On Sunday, I met up with Julie, Lisa, Jen, Dayni, Carolyn, and Phillip for brunch at El Torrito at the San Leandro Marina. Good food was had along with a group stalking of someone all the San Leandro alumni thought they saw and knew from "back in the day". Entertaining. Afterwards, everyone but Phillip and Lisa helped me to move all of my boxes back into my room so Dad could possibly start to repaint KT and Dan's bedrooms. We went to see Flightplan at the Bayfair Mall and I liked it. Carolyn gets some brownie points for picking a good movie this time. The suspense was great. Was Jodi Foster crazy or was she right about her daughter being kidnapped?? I won't tell. Dayni, Carolyn and I then went bowling at Manor Bowl. It was only one game, but we had fun. We then made the french salad that Carolyn has been raving about for weeks for dinner and watched a rented movie.
Monday I was wakened by a call to the house. It was Grandma Nancy asking if Mom can take Anna to school as her dad wasn't home yet. I was asked to do it and I went b/ I hadn't seen Gma and Anna yet and they didn't know I was in town. By the time I got to Gma's house, her van was gone and so was Anna. I visited with Gma for a while and then left. Mom let me keep her car for a while and I picked up Carolyn for lunch. We went to Imperial Garden for some yummy chicken and that was it. I got home and was too tired to do anything else. I watched my tapes of Alias and Lost. I ordered some pizza with Mom for dinner and she then took me to the airport. I had no problems checking in or at security. It was sooo quick! My flight home was good. I had the row to myself so I layed down and slept for about 4 hrs total.
I worked that night, Tuesday. I've worked every day since. I had yesterday, Sunday, off and Luke and I went down to Salem, Mass. We went to the Witch Museum and had fish-n-chips at a waterfront restaurant. It was a good, relaxing day. I wish I didn't have to work today, but I'm still new enough that I feel I can't call in sick unless I'm actually sick. Besides, I wanna request some time off so I can fly home for Christmas.... Speaking of work, I need to go.
The next day, Saturday, we watched Crash, picked up Dad's birthday cake, and drove home and met up with the family for a quiet dinner at the used-to-be-Prings place. We were in our own room, but it was dark (who needs mood lighting for a group with two small children and people who can't see their food?) and the service was slow. We got two complimentary salads to share as we waited for the dinners. We went back to the house for cake and coffee and after evreyone left, I went out with Phillip, Andrea, and David (her husband) to Krayons in Castro Valley. It was a lot of fun. We kareoked and danced and talked and got caught up. I had a few tastey drinks and Phillip stuck to beer. Lauren, a former co-worker as well, and her boyfriend showed up along with a couple of their friends. It was a good night.
On Sunday, I met up with Julie, Lisa, Jen, Dayni, Carolyn, and Phillip for brunch at El Torrito at the San Leandro Marina. Good food was had along with a group stalking of someone all the San Leandro alumni thought they saw and knew from "back in the day". Entertaining. Afterwards, everyone but Phillip and Lisa helped me to move all of my boxes back into my room so Dad could possibly start to repaint KT and Dan's bedrooms. We went to see Flightplan at the Bayfair Mall and I liked it. Carolyn gets some brownie points for picking a good movie this time. The suspense was great. Was Jodi Foster crazy or was she right about her daughter being kidnapped?? I won't tell. Dayni, Carolyn and I then went bowling at Manor Bowl. It was only one game, but we had fun. We then made the french salad that Carolyn has been raving about for weeks for dinner and watched a rented movie.
Monday I was wakened by a call to the house. It was Grandma Nancy asking if Mom can take Anna to school as her dad wasn't home yet. I was asked to do it and I went b/ I hadn't seen Gma and Anna yet and they didn't know I was in town. By the time I got to Gma's house, her van was gone and so was Anna. I visited with Gma for a while and then left. Mom let me keep her car for a while and I picked up Carolyn for lunch. We went to Imperial Garden for some yummy chicken and that was it. I got home and was too tired to do anything else. I watched my tapes of Alias and Lost. I ordered some pizza with Mom for dinner and she then took me to the airport. I had no problems checking in or at security. It was sooo quick! My flight home was good. I had the row to myself so I layed down and slept for about 4 hrs total.
I worked that night, Tuesday. I've worked every day since. I had yesterday, Sunday, off and Luke and I went down to Salem, Mass. We went to the Witch Museum and had fish-n-chips at a waterfront restaurant. It was a good, relaxing day. I wish I didn't have to work today, but I'm still new enough that I feel I can't call in sick unless I'm actually sick. Besides, I wanna request some time off so I can fly home for Christmas.... Speaking of work, I need to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home