Life in the Golden State

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Great Night

I had a really good night last night. I'm so happy that I was able to participate b/ it was such a nice break from everything.

Last night I went down to Tia Luisa and Debbie's for dinner. I was able to leave work early - 430pm, baby! - so that Lisa and Greg could pick me up at 5pm. We drove over to Jen's house and got her, stopped for a couple of pearl teas for the "out-of-towners" (like those would ever be available in WY?) , and drove on down to Hollister. We missed our exit, but it turned out to be not as disasterous as we envisioned. We made it to The Tias' by about 730pm. When we arrived, Phillip and Hernani were already socializing with their grandparents and Fred and Rouja showed up a little bit after us... it was a setting for a big dinner.

A fantasic dinner was had. There was a mini feast that Debbie made: chicken, pork, black beans, fried rice w/ roasted garlic, carrots, celantro, and I'm not sure what else, sauted teriyaki pineapple (which I'm told was wonderful), and bread. All VERY good, but I wouldn't expect less. These two ladies can cook! After dinner, we hung out as the smokers smoked. We tried to make a rule that if they smoked that they wouldn't get dessert, but we all were laughed at. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and strawberries w/ two homemade sauces (raspberry and tangerine/orange). This part was to die for. I melted. The mousse was heavenly. I was savoring it so much that I may have been the last one with stuff on my plate. I liked the raspberry sauce on the cake, too. :>)

I didn't get home until about 2am, but it was all worth it. Had the phone not been ringing or the garbage n recycling trucks not been around earlier, I'd have slept in to at least 9am. The lack of sleep isn't anything new to me, and, hell, it was worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had a wonderful time. :>)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home