Girls' Night
Anna & Me (and my short-ass hair!)
So, last night I went on a spontaneous journey down to San Jose for a "girls' night" with Anna and KT. The two of them had planned to get their hair done, and I couldn't say no. I'd been wanting it cut for a while... Well, my hair definitely DID get cut. The guy did a good job at listening to me. I only wanted an inch off so that my hair'd spring off my shoulders. He was a little nervous about the curly hair, but did a fairly good job until he gave me a very large "fro" by not drying my hair correctly. He then offered to straighten it. I didn't want to, but KT and Anna told me to go for it since they'd be a while. OK. It appearently looked awful straight. A scissor-happy lady came over to help with the hair styling. She started to cut. No, that's not what I wanted. But, she was only evening out the layers. She cut again. I told her "no" and she said she was only thinning it out. I saw the scissors go up a third time and nearly leaped out of the chair. Did she not understand the word "NO"? By the end of all the cutting and straightening, I felt I looked like a drowned rat. My hair was glued to my head and it felt sticky from all the hairspray. Plus, after all of that, I still had some curl, and not just the flip she added at the bottom of my hair. *sigh* How short was my hair truly going to be the next day when it curled after my shower?
Katie and Anna were happy with how their hair turned out. Anna's hair is red on top and then turns almost black at the ends. Not sure why. I guess it's b/ she's got a lot of it... Kinda cool. Katie looks good in her highlights. me.... eeeh.
I really do like my curly hair despite the fact that it's easily wind-blown into a fro regardless of the amt of stuff I put into my hair. It may get annoying having to deal with all the curls, but I wouldn't trade them for stick-straight hair. I don't like it too much on me. With that said, it is really hard to find someone who can cut curly hair and not take off ten feet. If only Cruz'd return my phone call....
Anyway, the rest of the night went well. We took Anna to Chat Cafe near KT's house. We like the food as do a lot of the Indians in the area (which is a good sign). It was Anna's first time eating Indian food, and we're happy to report that she liked some of it. Namely, KT's lamb curry and the basmati rice. I was sooo happy! Anna tried something new!! She's sucha picky eater most days.
Afterward, we rented 4 movies from Blockbuster and actually watched them all. We ate some yummy ice cream sundaes as we watched V for Vendetta. I didn't like the slow-mo fight scenes w/ all the blood, but other than that, not a bad movie. You just have to actually pay attention and think about stuff to get it. Then, Last Holiday so that we had something a little more cheerful before bed. We'd all gone to bed after the second movie, but I couldn't sleep. My head itched and I kept feeling all the creepy-crawlies from my hair cut. By the time I got out of my fairly short shower (I'd washed my hair twice!), both KT and Anna were awake and wanted to watch another movie. We popped in Tristen and Isolde. Very much Romeo and Juliet-like. Not too bad, but I kept getting confused. The actors all looked pretty much the same to me at the beginning of the movie and there wasn't much destinction between the Irish and Brittish accents. The final movie was The Prizewinner, or something like that. It's about this family in the 50s and 60s that makes ends meet when the mom enters contests for jingles. I think this was my favorite movie of the group. Good drama and the characters were real. Maybe it helps that this movie is based on real-life? One of the children wrote the book from which the movie was based off.
In the end, my hair is shorter than I wanted. It barely goes past my ears! But, it looks OK - esp since I went back to the salon to ask for it to be evened out. No tails for me, please. The scissor-happy chick took me into her chair. urgh. As she cut the back, she also worked her way around to the sides. NO!!! Oh well. At least it looks even. It'll grow back sooner than I realize. Months roll by quickly these days.



3 Comments:
that's the shortest i think i've ever seen you're hair. i wonder what it looks like curly?
see ya soon.
you a hot mama no matter what your hair looks like S:)
By
carolyn, At
8/31/2006 01:36:00 AM
i *love* the hair! it looks cool straight!
By
Anonymous, At
9/01/2006 10:08:00 AM
Thank you ladies!
As I've gotten used to the haircut, it really isn't that bad. The only thing I hate is my bangs. THe scissor-happy chick cut me bangs and parted them to the side b/ it looks good w/ my big forehead! No tact. Kinda rude, that one.
The curls are getting more manageable, and I shall keep them as I don't intend to spend hours every day straightening my hair. Sorry, Sara.
By
amy, At
9/01/2006 05:40:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home