Dixie Chicks
So, I tasted a piece of the completed German Chocolate Cake. It did turn out well!! I'm proud of myself. The dark chocolate ganache went very well with the chocolate cake and german-style "frosting".....
So, the Dixie Chicks have been coming up a lot lately. While at kareoke, Jen R. and I sang the song, Not Ready to Make Nice. Since then, it's been on the radio almost every time I've turned it on! How odd is that?
I've been thinking, and they've been in a lot of memories I have - both recent and old.
The first time I got into them was when I moved up to HSU. Heather got me addicted. We used to sing along in the car all the time. Certain songs will always carry specific meaning and remind me of her.
Then, I have the good memory of attending a concert. I'd gone with Heather, KT, Anna, and my uncle's now-wife. Great concert. We ended up running into Jen R. and Lisa in the bathrooms; which surprised us all.
Recently, they were on tour again. Anna, KT and I went on a spur of a moment. Like, two days before, I purchased the tickets. Good concert, but nothing compared to their "glory days" as the stadium was comparatively empty.
About a month ago, Dad, Mom, and I were in the car driving out to Manteca to see my brother. Dad put in the newest cd. I was surprised and asked if it was my cd I'd left in the car oh-so-long ago. Nope. It was a cd that a co-worker had given him. He said the band was OK, but that they've really grown on him. Another surprise! Dad likes the Dixie Chicks. So, we listened to the entire cd on our drive. Dad likes the phrase, "shut up and sing". It rings with a certain irony.
The Dixie Chicks definitely have the power to bring people together, don't they? :>)
So, the Dixie Chicks have been coming up a lot lately. While at kareoke, Jen R. and I sang the song, Not Ready to Make Nice. Since then, it's been on the radio almost every time I've turned it on! How odd is that?
I've been thinking, and they've been in a lot of memories I have - both recent and old.
The first time I got into them was when I moved up to HSU. Heather got me addicted. We used to sing along in the car all the time. Certain songs will always carry specific meaning and remind me of her.
Then, I have the good memory of attending a concert. I'd gone with Heather, KT, Anna, and my uncle's now-wife. Great concert. We ended up running into Jen R. and Lisa in the bathrooms; which surprised us all.
Recently, they were on tour again. Anna, KT and I went on a spur of a moment. Like, two days before, I purchased the tickets. Good concert, but nothing compared to their "glory days" as the stadium was comparatively empty.
About a month ago, Dad, Mom, and I were in the car driving out to Manteca to see my brother. Dad put in the newest cd. I was surprised and asked if it was my cd I'd left in the car oh-so-long ago. Nope. It was a cd that a co-worker had given him. He said the band was OK, but that they've really grown on him. Another surprise! Dad likes the Dixie Chicks. So, we listened to the entire cd on our drive. Dad likes the phrase, "shut up and sing". It rings with a certain irony.
The Dixie Chicks definitely have the power to bring people together, don't they? :>)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home