Glasses, Open House, and Birthdays
My glasses just broke! It's not like I use them often, and when I picked them up, one of the earpieces was left on the table. What's up with that? I need to get one of those repair kits and, possibly, a replacement screw.
Anyway, I was looking at my calendar to see what I've been up to. A lot. It's full of writing!
On Saturday the 12th, I attended Chabot's very-first-ever Open House. I met my teacher for the online typing class, did a demo of the program for the croud, and got more information as to who to talk to for my other questions. There was a free BBQ in the quad area. I got my very own turkey dog. It wasn't the greatest, but it was enough to satisfy as I had skipped breakfast. Afterwards, I was heading to the ceramics lab to visit Phillip when I ran into Louis and Jen H. I was surprised to see them both, and Louis was enjoying his visits to every booth to get the free loot. Phillip had a nice vase going on the wheel and showed us his hand-built project and the glazing room. I then left to go help out at home as we were celebrating Mother's Day a day early. We had our own BBQ. Good food, as always, and good company.
I went to two interviews last week. One was for a staffing firm called Ultimate Staffing, and the other was for a construction consulting firm in the city called Hill International. Both places seemed promising. I need to follow up with these people to see if the jobs have been filled.
I had my final for my typing class on Friday. I didn't do my best work, but it was the best I could do at the time. I ended up submitting a document with a 58wpm rate with only 3 mistakes. Yes, ONLY. My fastest out of the 5 min tests was 61wpm with 11 mistakes! I'm telling ya, my typing is not consistant. I wanna work on that.
This past weekend was super busy for me. We had my nieces staying from Thursday-Sunday. They're cute, but a handfull. On Saturday, I took them to the movies with Julie and I. We all very much enjoyed Shrek the Third and lunch at Chevy's. Next, we said our goodbyes to Julie and I headed to Grandma's office. Margie and I took all the e-waste to the recycling center for FREE. It was a great event hosted by the City of San Leandro. Then, I went home to shower and change for the attempted surprise party for Phillip and Jen R.'s birthdays. I took a nice, long, hot shower as the girls were still at Grandma's office. :>) Jen wasn't too surprised as she already knew about the gathering. Phillip? I'm still not sure. Between Louis and I, he probably wasn't totally surprised to find that something was happening the weekend before his birthday, but he had fun nonetheless. We all ate dinner at Benihana's in Japan Town. Then, Fred and Rouja left and the rest of us enjoyed 2 full hours of kareoke. Twas a very late night. On Sunday, I had a relaxing day. Grandpa Matt took the girls on a much needed trip to the P-A-R-K. They all came back, exhausted and ready for a nap. I was able to say good-bye to Faolan and Kieran when Dan picked them up right before Phillip came for me. We went out for a birthday dinner at Hana Japan in Dublin with his family. So, two days in a row I had a really good, filling dinner...
Today is Phillip's birthday. I was told last night that our lunch date had to be canceled as the bosses were taking the department out for lunch. I was bummed to hear this news as I had a cake almost finnished, but he said I could definitely come by today with the unanticipated goods. I ended up getting there a little before 11am, but had to wait to see the birthday boy as he was in a meeting. (so much for picking a good time, huh?) As I waited, I read a magazine and talked to the guy at the front desk about the beautiful fishes. The cake was a hit with all who took a piece. That's always reassuring. It was a German Chocolate Cake. It's not exactly my favorite, but it's Phillip's, and so I needed someone else to tell me if it came out correctly... and, it did. Thank you to Ghiradelli for their yummy chocolate and great directions. I was just about to leave when one of Phillip's bosses asks me if I want to join them all for lunch. Sure! My day was clear. There's just chores at home.... We went to a restaurant called Hayward Japan, I think. It's on Mission and C St. Again, I was treated to more good food and entertaining people....
These past couple of days have been nothing but good food and good company. I like it. I also like that I have another interview on Friday. I feel like I'm finally doing something right with this job search thing. I attribute it to my new and improved resume. I started to get a lot of interested people after I updated the thing....
Anyway, I was looking at my calendar to see what I've been up to. A lot. It's full of writing!
On Saturday the 12th, I attended Chabot's very-first-ever Open House. I met my teacher for the online typing class, did a demo of the program for the croud, and got more information as to who to talk to for my other questions. There was a free BBQ in the quad area. I got my very own turkey dog. It wasn't the greatest, but it was enough to satisfy as I had skipped breakfast. Afterwards, I was heading to the ceramics lab to visit Phillip when I ran into Louis and Jen H. I was surprised to see them both, and Louis was enjoying his visits to every booth to get the free loot. Phillip had a nice vase going on the wheel and showed us his hand-built project and the glazing room. I then left to go help out at home as we were celebrating Mother's Day a day early. We had our own BBQ. Good food, as always, and good company.
I went to two interviews last week. One was for a staffing firm called Ultimate Staffing, and the other was for a construction consulting firm in the city called Hill International. Both places seemed promising. I need to follow up with these people to see if the jobs have been filled.
I had my final for my typing class on Friday. I didn't do my best work, but it was the best I could do at the time. I ended up submitting a document with a 58wpm rate with only 3 mistakes. Yes, ONLY. My fastest out of the 5 min tests was 61wpm with 11 mistakes! I'm telling ya, my typing is not consistant. I wanna work on that.
This past weekend was super busy for me. We had my nieces staying from Thursday-Sunday. They're cute, but a handfull. On Saturday, I took them to the movies with Julie and I. We all very much enjoyed Shrek the Third and lunch at Chevy's. Next, we said our goodbyes to Julie and I headed to Grandma's office. Margie and I took all the e-waste to the recycling center for FREE. It was a great event hosted by the City of San Leandro. Then, I went home to shower and change for the attempted surprise party for Phillip and Jen R.'s birthdays. I took a nice, long, hot shower as the girls were still at Grandma's office. :>) Jen wasn't too surprised as she already knew about the gathering. Phillip? I'm still not sure. Between Louis and I, he probably wasn't totally surprised to find that something was happening the weekend before his birthday, but he had fun nonetheless. We all ate dinner at Benihana's in Japan Town. Then, Fred and Rouja left and the rest of us enjoyed 2 full hours of kareoke. Twas a very late night. On Sunday, I had a relaxing day. Grandpa Matt took the girls on a much needed trip to the P-A-R-K. They all came back, exhausted and ready for a nap. I was able to say good-bye to Faolan and Kieran when Dan picked them up right before Phillip came for me. We went out for a birthday dinner at Hana Japan in Dublin with his family. So, two days in a row I had a really good, filling dinner...
Today is Phillip's birthday. I was told last night that our lunch date had to be canceled as the bosses were taking the department out for lunch. I was bummed to hear this news as I had a cake almost finnished, but he said I could definitely come by today with the unanticipated goods. I ended up getting there a little before 11am, but had to wait to see the birthday boy as he was in a meeting. (so much for picking a good time, huh?) As I waited, I read a magazine and talked to the guy at the front desk about the beautiful fishes. The cake was a hit with all who took a piece. That's always reassuring. It was a German Chocolate Cake. It's not exactly my favorite, but it's Phillip's, and so I needed someone else to tell me if it came out correctly... and, it did. Thank you to Ghiradelli for their yummy chocolate and great directions. I was just about to leave when one of Phillip's bosses asks me if I want to join them all for lunch. Sure! My day was clear. There's just chores at home.... We went to a restaurant called Hayward Japan, I think. It's on Mission and C St. Again, I was treated to more good food and entertaining people....
These past couple of days have been nothing but good food and good company. I like it. I also like that I have another interview on Friday. I feel like I'm finally doing something right with this job search thing. I attribute it to my new and improved resume. I started to get a lot of interested people after I updated the thing....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home