Spice Girls RULE
The cast of characters: me, Phillip, Louis, Patricia, and Tony. (Jen H was there in spirit)
The location: HP Pavillion in San Jose
The event: The Spice Girls!!
Went to the Spice Girls concert last night... and it was pretty awesome. For me, it was about #2 on my list of favorite concerts. They were only overrun by my first Dixie Chicks concert where I knew just about all the words to every song that was played.
I just have to say that everyone was satisfied by the experience. Even Tony came out of it saying he truly enjoyed himself, and I think that he wasn't expecting much... It was such a good show! There were a ton of cool dancing men, fun lighting, and such lightning-quick costume changes by the girls that the music never stopped. There was no intermission and they played/sang for a good two hours.
Phillip and Louis were walking on air. I cannot describe how happy they were as we walked back to our car. Phillip definitely had a bounce in his step, and I can't remember the last time I saw him that way. It was so cute! :>)
Critiques of the concert:
1) It was live, so there were a few flubs by The Girls, but isn't that the fun of a LIVE concert? I think so.
2) It was loud. We all had trouble hearing afterwards, but it was worth it. In my opinion, this is probably why I felt the songs started to sound blurry, for lack of a better word. Towards the end of the concert, I was having trouble understanding the words and the music was static-y (?).
3) Jen H was unable to attend due to a client being in labor since 5am. Louis said the only thing that would make the experience better was if Jen had been able to be there.
Coming out of this experience, I have a better appreciation for the Spice Girls. In fact, I wouldn't mind owning their (illusive) second CD as there appears to be a few songs on that one that I'd like. Specifically, the cool, jazzy, 20's-ish, big-band song they did last night. Phillip says it's the last song on the 2nd CD... I can see why they were so popular back then, and why the concerts are selling out now. They have a lot of fun, energetic music along with some slower, more dreamy-sounding songs.... I'm a fan.
I just received a link to a review from Louis:
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_7640716?source=email&nclick_check=1
Please enjoy the good review and the song list that I'd never be able to provide for you. :>)
The location: HP Pavillion in San Jose
The event: The Spice Girls!!
Went to the Spice Girls concert last night... and it was pretty awesome. For me, it was about #2 on my list of favorite concerts. They were only overrun by my first Dixie Chicks concert where I knew just about all the words to every song that was played.
I just have to say that everyone was satisfied by the experience. Even Tony came out of it saying he truly enjoyed himself, and I think that he wasn't expecting much... It was such a good show! There were a ton of cool dancing men, fun lighting, and such lightning-quick costume changes by the girls that the music never stopped. There was no intermission and they played/sang for a good two hours.
Phillip and Louis were walking on air. I cannot describe how happy they were as we walked back to our car. Phillip definitely had a bounce in his step, and I can't remember the last time I saw him that way. It was so cute! :>)
Critiques of the concert:
1) It was live, so there were a few flubs by The Girls, but isn't that the fun of a LIVE concert? I think so.
2) It was loud. We all had trouble hearing afterwards, but it was worth it. In my opinion, this is probably why I felt the songs started to sound blurry, for lack of a better word. Towards the end of the concert, I was having trouble understanding the words and the music was static-y (?).
3) Jen H was unable to attend due to a client being in labor since 5am. Louis said the only thing that would make the experience better was if Jen had been able to be there.
Coming out of this experience, I have a better appreciation for the Spice Girls. In fact, I wouldn't mind owning their (illusive) second CD as there appears to be a few songs on that one that I'd like. Specifically, the cool, jazzy, 20's-ish, big-band song they did last night. Phillip says it's the last song on the 2nd CD... I can see why they were so popular back then, and why the concerts are selling out now. They have a lot of fun, energetic music along with some slower, more dreamy-sounding songs.... I'm a fan.
I just received a link to a review from Louis:
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_7640716?source=email&nclick_check=1
Please enjoy the good review and the song list that I'd never be able to provide for you. :>)

2 Comments:
sounds like fun. why were you blogging at 8am, crazy girl?!??
By
Anonymous, At
12/05/2007 01:32:00 PM
I was up early in attempt to get some homework done. I don't know why, but I'm feeling completely overwhelmed these last few weeks. It's awesome that I'm not working, cuz I'd have an even harder time keeping up.
By
amy, At
12/06/2007 06:33:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home