Unfair Pricing
I've noticed lately that I really, really, really should not eat on Chabot campus. Everything is so overpriced and not very good. I remember the food being better.... Maybe I just had lower expectations.
Today, I spent $2.71 for a half-baked grilled cheese (lightly toasted white bread with cheese that wasn't totally melted) and a banana a tad larger than my hand. Why? The banana itself was 55 cents plus tax! Awful. I wanted to run back to the fruit basket and get one that was larger. Who cares if they weren't totally ripe yet??? Get your money's worth!!
Wanting something sweet as I exit the cafeteria (to counteract the harsh, acidic nature of the banana), I thought a Snickers sounded quite lovely. I walk closer to the vending machine and they're 85 cents! Is that right?? I know that candy doesn't cost the same as in my youth, but I know that you can get a regular sized candybar for cheaper... *sigh*
Back to homework. Yea homework!! I finished this week's assignments for the online class about a 1/2 hour ago. Now, I'm starting on the TEN she assigned for next week. She's been easy on us the last few weeks, and now we get a doubled work-load plus a final for next week. What is with these teachers??? I guess the good thing is that she released next weeks' assignments early...
Today, I spent $2.71 for a half-baked grilled cheese (lightly toasted white bread with cheese that wasn't totally melted) and a banana a tad larger than my hand. Why? The banana itself was 55 cents plus tax! Awful. I wanted to run back to the fruit basket and get one that was larger. Who cares if they weren't totally ripe yet??? Get your money's worth!!
Wanting something sweet as I exit the cafeteria (to counteract the harsh, acidic nature of the banana), I thought a Snickers sounded quite lovely. I walk closer to the vending machine and they're 85 cents! Is that right?? I know that candy doesn't cost the same as in my youth, but I know that you can get a regular sized candybar for cheaper... *sigh*
Back to homework. Yea homework!! I finished this week's assignments for the online class about a 1/2 hour ago. Now, I'm starting on the TEN she assigned for next week. She's been easy on us the last few weeks, and now we get a doubled work-load plus a final for next week. What is with these teachers??? I guess the good thing is that she released next weeks' assignments early...

1 Comments:
The school doesn't make enough money on books so they have to make up for it with overpriced candy bars.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
12/07/2007 12:20:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home