Life in the Golden State

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Hour, Twin Peaks, Shopping, and Cookies

Since my last post, I've had a little fun in life that can be summarized into four things:

1) "happy hour" with Phillip and his interns. I was invited to Happy Hour at Claim Jumpers in Fremont the other week. The bar was crouded and loud, the cheap(er) appitizers were yummy, and I really enjoyed my Razberry Beret. It was fun to hang out with the interns and chat with them a little.

2) Twin Peaks marathon at the Toste house. Claire was in attendance and we did a mini potluck with Mountain Mike's pizza, an awesome green salad made by yours truly, and a Boston Cream pie. We watched, I think, 5 episodes and enjoyed it all. I'm looking forward to our next marathon.

3) Shopping with Carolyn. This past Saturday, Carolyn and I spent the afternoon together. I haven't seen her in a while, so it was nice to get caught up. Our afternoon started out with lunch at Fresh Choice and ended with a mission to get clothing. We returned her ill-fitting shoes to Payless, and purchased a few others. I even bought 2 pairs of shoes! Amazing, I know. It wasn't too painful to be shoe shopping with Carolyn b/ she's just as particular as I am. It takes forever to find a correct-fitting shoe. Then, we went to Marshalls on a hunt for new pants for Carolyn. She managed to find one pair for work, and so it was truly a successful day.

4) Brownies were made. Please see the "Get in my Belly!" blog for further details. The link is to your left. Yesterday, I also made some Peanut Chocolate Chip cookies. Our neighbor on the corner brought us a huge-ass block of milk chocolate. I guess he gets it for free for working on candy machines, and this particular chocolate is the same stuff sold to Ghirardelli to warp into their yumminess. The cookies turned out super crunchy and Dad's "in love". A few of them are even made a tad darker than most people would like, and like I said, he's lovin' it. The cookies are small and crunchy and filled with roasted peanut, milk chocolate chunks, and made with peanut butter in the batter. Tastey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home