Life in the Golden State

Friday, April 18, 2008

SF Chocolate Salon

Today, I have an overwhelming sense of dread. I don't know why. Just tired, I guess. Between working until 2am on Tax Day and my mom's sickness yesterday, the last couple of days have been filled with tiredness and worry. I'm still worried, but there is nothing I can do. I cannot wait for Mom to have surgery.

On a happier note, last weekend was good. Phillip and I went to the SF Chocolate Salon on Sunday. It's a chocolate festival in its second year. We loved all the chocolate, but it was a lot to eat and it was all very quick. I felt rushed and uncomfortable as we spent most of our time at Fort Mason nose-to-nose with other chocolate lovers. We bought bars of an apricot chocolate that smelled just as good as it tasted. There were no apricot pieces, just the essence. I liked the crunchy, toffee chocolates that are sold in tourist spots, the chocolate sauces of a stand, and the zinfendel wine from Silverstone Vinyards in Paso Robles. I couldn't taste the chocolateness of a liquor (can't imagine why), but enjoyed the choc-umentary about the love of chocolate. I got a recipe for chocolate brownies from Guittard. I hope to make some soon. My wishes for a larger venue with space for seating and hanging out, signs in the parking lot to tell you where to go, and time to truly savor all the free choclates need to be granted for me to consider going next year.

Anyway, I need to get back to homework; lots to do and little motivation to do it. Plus, I'm frustrated. Why did my Access teacher release the assignment late and only give us a week??? The last couple of chapters have been 2 weeks each! ggrrrr. It'll be lots of staring at the computer the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home