Amy-isms
Dayni posed a question to me over the weekend:
Why does "b/" mean "because"? How did it come into being?
I have no idea.
I don't know from whom I stole it, or if I just decided to start using that shortcut myself. It's not unlike writing "w/" is it? Maybe it all started when I decided that "because" is a long word? Or, maybe it is just a word that my fingers always mess up on when typing?
If anyone has any idea, let me know, but I think that it's just another Amy-ism.... What's not to like about "dark o'clock?"
Why does "b/" mean "because"? How did it come into being?
I have no idea.
I don't know from whom I stole it, or if I just decided to start using that shortcut myself. It's not unlike writing "w/" is it? Maybe it all started when I decided that "because" is a long word? Or, maybe it is just a word that my fingers always mess up on when typing?
If anyone has any idea, let me know, but I think that it's just another Amy-ism.... What's not to like about "dark o'clock?"

5 Comments:
I always use b/c for because. Nice and simple.
By
Anonymous, At
5/05/2008 07:45:00 PM
Thank you. I'm not alone... So is "b/c" a proofreading or writers' thing you learned in school?
By
amy, At
5/06/2008 11:11:00 AM
Why does government get to be abbreviated as gov't?
Is it OK to write int't for internment?
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
5/06/2008 11:44:00 AM
Luke, probably not. Just stick with gov't... But there's another Amy-ism. When writing notes for myself, it's "gov".
By
amy, At
5/08/2008 05:16:00 PM
I had to figure out the abbreviation for government for work once - either gov or gov't are okay. In fact, for my work, we chose govt.
By
carolyn, At
5/08/2008 10:17:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home