Happy Mother's Day
As some of you saw in an email I sent, Mom is now home. She came home on Thursday, May 8, late in the evening. She's on a lot of antibiotics and an in-home nurse has come to visit every day so far. Soon, the nurse visits will stop as Mom will know how to give herself the drugs.
For Mother's Day, I was busy and FULL. It started with Dan, Tracy, and the girls coming over for breakfast before they went to Stanford for the big pow-wow. Katie decided to come up earlier than planned to see them. We had a good breakfast and played with the girls some. Mom liked her presents of two "grandma t-shirts" and a personalized deck of cards. KT was able to scan a picture of us kids when we were young and have Kodak put it on the back.
Kate and I left the house to go pick up Grandma Barbara. We took her to lunch (urgh, more food) and then to see "Cats" at the Paramount Theater in downtown Oakland. We got there a little early and walked around Sears. SHe told us how she worked her first job there. She ran one of the elevators when the store was Capwell's (sister store Emporium in the city). It sounded so fancy and glamorous. The Sears store only uses two floors, but the building has 4 floors and a fancy restaurant on the roof. I wonder if there is still old playground equipment on that roof, too? Anyway, the show was OK. Not what I was expecting. I don't care for musicals where there is no narrator or dialogue. It was pure song the entire time. I find it hard to follow and some of the songs were quite long. Nice dance-moves, though.
After, we took Grandma home and picked up some take-out for Mom and Dad. We ate dinner with them and KT left for San Jose. It was a full day.
For Mother's Day, I was busy and FULL. It started with Dan, Tracy, and the girls coming over for breakfast before they went to Stanford for the big pow-wow. Katie decided to come up earlier than planned to see them. We had a good breakfast and played with the girls some. Mom liked her presents of two "grandma t-shirts" and a personalized deck of cards. KT was able to scan a picture of us kids when we were young and have Kodak put it on the back.
Kate and I left the house to go pick up Grandma Barbara. We took her to lunch (urgh, more food) and then to see "Cats" at the Paramount Theater in downtown Oakland. We got there a little early and walked around Sears. SHe told us how she worked her first job there. She ran one of the elevators when the store was Capwell's (sister store Emporium in the city). It sounded so fancy and glamorous. The Sears store only uses two floors, but the building has 4 floors and a fancy restaurant on the roof. I wonder if there is still old playground equipment on that roof, too? Anyway, the show was OK. Not what I was expecting. I don't care for musicals where there is no narrator or dialogue. It was pure song the entire time. I find it hard to follow and some of the songs were quite long. Nice dance-moves, though.
After, we took Grandma home and picked up some take-out for Mom and Dad. We ate dinner with them and KT left for San Jose. It was a full day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home