Sunblock
Sunblock is sucha hard purchase, but thanks to Jen R's blog's link, I think the decision will become easier. I need to bookmark that link for future sunblock purchases.
Of the two I have in my house, I'm "breaking even" in the healthiness and effectiveness areas.
Neutrogena, Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion, SPF 30
rates at a 2, which is good (0-2)
Has the benefit of being a full bottle that doesn't expire until 04/2010, PABA-free (I'm allergic to that stuff), fragrance-free, and hypo-allergenic.
Neutrogena, Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion, SPF 45
rates at a 7, which is bad (6-10)
This is almost empty and is kinda turnin' old, so I don't mind tossing it out. The expiration date got smeared off, it's PABA-free, and claims to be a broad spectrum UVS/UVB protectorant. As that website states, many of the sunblocks aren't the broad spectrum protection that they claim to be.
I wonder what the Eucerin and Cetaphil brands rate as? Their lotions are good for sensitive skin...
Of the two I have in my house, I'm "breaking even" in the healthiness and effectiveness areas.
Neutrogena, Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion, SPF 30
rates at a 2, which is good (0-2)
Has the benefit of being a full bottle that doesn't expire until 04/2010, PABA-free (I'm allergic to that stuff), fragrance-free, and hypo-allergenic.
Neutrogena, Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion, SPF 45
rates at a 7, which is bad (6-10)
This is almost empty and is kinda turnin' old, so I don't mind tossing it out. The expiration date got smeared off, it's PABA-free, and claims to be a broad spectrum UVS/UVB protectorant. As that website states, many of the sunblocks aren't the broad spectrum protection that they claim to be.
I wonder what the Eucerin and Cetaphil brands rate as? Their lotions are good for sensitive skin...

2 Comments:
hi amy,
outside of the sunscreen study, that site is good for all your cosmetic-hazard informational needs. i just did a search for "eucerin" and 35 products came up, sunscreen and non-: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/wordsearch.php?query=eucerin&&atatime=500
By
Arrowhead, At
7/18/2008 04:32:00 PM
thanks, jen. i hadn't had the chance to play with that website beyond my initial findings. after a couple of days of job searching, i think i'll play with this site more...
By
amy, At
8/04/2008 05:42:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home