Life in the Golden State

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hopes and Observations

I'd say that the highlight of the last two weeks was the concert I saw in the city. It was on Saturday, October 11th with Phillip, Jen R., and Joe. We saw Nikka Costa and I had a lot of fun dancin'/bobbin' to the music that wasn't all that unfamiliar. I'd own some of her albums if I could find them in the stores. Until then, I updated my Myspace with two of her songs.

The next day, I completed more social fun by meeting up with Carolyn and Dayni for dinner. While I couldn't make it to the corn maze in time, I still got some tastey pizza with people I haven't seen or been able to talk to in quite some time. It could be that I'd just left work, or that they were asking me questions, or it even could be that that is where I've spent many-a-day lately, but I found I was talking about Safeway a lot. I'll try to not do that anymore. It's gotta be boring for y'all.

To sumarize my work schedule: I've been working at Safeway at full-time hours until this week (when a new lady started) and I got 31hrs (stretched over 5 days and closing most shifts). Next week, I'm down to three days and work only 24hrs cuz there was another lady hired. My days of "rollin' in the dough" are over, but I'm not too sad. It wasn't all that much money and it was putting a toll on my body. This will give me more time to job hunt.

Went on a really good interview with the city of Hayward. I haven't heard back yet, and I'm getting doubtful that I was the person they chose to fill the "immediate" opening. I'm gonna call tomorrow morning.

Yesterday, Phillip helped me to move some beds around upstairs. I'm now a proud owner of a DOUBLE. Yes, people, that's a huge-ass, grown-up bed for yours truly. My twin xl went down the hall to my brother's old room where the new bed sheets look stunning. The odd thing I noticed this morning was that my "big-girl" bed isn't so big. In fact, it's shorter than my old bed, and I knew that, but what I didn't know was that my sleeping style makes it so my feet dangle off the end!!! Who would have thought that would happen to me? Phillip, yes, but not me. When I move out of my parents house, I'll definitely be purchasing a queen size. It'll have the length of my old twin xl, but the width deserving of an adult.

I don't remember when it was, but sometime in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that I like to "kareoke" at Safeway. I find that the time is less stressful when I'm humming or whispering the words of songs when I'm by myself. Certain songs always come on Safeway-radio, and others are more rare, but the special ones are those that I've attached fun memories. So, the next time anyone has a kareoke need, just go shopping at your local Safeway and pay attention to the music they squeeze in between the ads; promotions for the Hispanic, award-winning doctor; and requests for donations for breast cancer month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home