Life in the Golden State

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Workin' Hard

I haven't updated in a while because there just isn't much to say. I've been working A LOT at Safeway. Drama happened, and these last few weeks have given me 40hrs/wk. I'm happy to be makin' the money, happy to be working, but cranky and sore from all the stressful hours (mostly closing shifts). I'm still a trainee b/ I feel as though I'm not totally 100% sure about what to do in all situations. It's hard to assess the priorities when they seem to be changing depending on whom I talk to. I think I'm doing a good job, but I find it hard to tell if that's the truth or just bloated self-assessment. We shall see in the coming weeks. There is a new trainee that's been hired. I'm sure that this will cut my hours back some, but I hope that they don't get rid of me entirely. It's tough and stressful, but I'm using this job to complete the last of my units needed to graduate with that AS degree.

We had a small party here for KT's birthday. Dan and Tracy didn't make it out b/ one of the girls was sick, but we did have some little ones running around anyway as Shannon brought her husband and children. Mom was happy to see Shannon, and they talked a lot. Other people in attendance were my grandparents, Uncle Denny, KT's roommate, and Phillip. As always, my grandparents loved seeing Phillip and want to take us out to dinner some day soon. :>) Given my work schedule, that may be in a few weeks. We'll see.

Last weekend, Dan and Tracy came out with the girls after Faolan's soccer game. They hung out with my parents and Mom loved to see everyone. I only got to spend an hour or so with them, but I was there in time to see Mom wake up Aeryn so that she could hold her. Aeryn update: brown eyes with a blue halo. Interesting, huh? I doubt it'll stay that way, but we'll see.

This weekend is Dad's birthday. KT wants to do something, but I can't commit to anything until tomorrow when I get my new work schedule. I'm guessing that since I have Saturday off that I'll be working on Sunday.... We'll see. We'll either have a breakfast or a dinner with Dad. Food is good either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home