Life in the Golden State

Monday, September 01, 2008

Safeway, Jenny's Wedding, Almost Auntie Amy

Work
It's been a long time since Aug. 18th! I've purchased some non-slip shoes for work. The bakery gets pretty slippery (esp when the closing Baker starts to mop the back of the department!). I've lived through 2hrs of customer service training and then 2hrs of safety training in Fremont. The safety person seemed nice, but she's not in charge of my store...

Work has been busy and exciting, and most of all, tiring. It's a pretty physical job. That, and in high demand of customer service skills. I've got to learn to lie, again, with a smile. urgh. Phillip pointed that out when I was showing frustration about customers who want FRESH bread. Seriously, if I'm putting out the bread on the shelf, it isn't 5 days old! It's the last batch that was baked an hour or two ago... See? I've got to be nice (while showing a happy face) to the demanding public.

Jenny's Wedding
Jenny's wedding was on August 21st in La Honda. It's on Hwy 84 between Hwy 1 and 280. It was at (what I believe to be) a home that's got it's yard rented out on the weekends called Chateau La Joye. It was a small wedding with family, some close friends, and a few coworkers (that'd be Phillip's invite); about 50 people, total. It was a semi-formal, evening wedding in the grassy area out in the "backyard" with the couple gettin' married to a minister (w/ odd stories) under a gazebo.

It all started with a gathering in the back yard by the bar as we waiting for the wedding to begin. Then, the short, sweet wedding with some odd stories by the minister. We had appitizers and champagne while watching the bride and groom take pictures and greet people. We then had a wonderfully catered buffet for dinner. The food:
  • salad with tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and basil dressing
  • roasted potatoes with herbs
  • squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, mushroom mix
  • bread n butter
  • halibut with saffron sauce
  • beef roast with two different horseraddish (sp?) sauces
  • strawberries, cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, grapes
  • lots of wine

I loved the halibut! I wanted more, but I was full and no one was going up for seconds. Everything was so tastey and the only thing Phillip and I didn't like was the salad dressing. The salad was fine. There was the speeches and dancing and cake. We loved our party favors of a wine cork attached to our placecards, and a mini bottle of wine with the wedding info on it. The wedding was a calm, easy affair... Every wedding I've attended has reflected the bride (and groom) wonderfully.

Almost Auntie Amy
ALMOST!!! Tracy's body isn't quite willing to give up that third niece just yet. Little Erin is making her presence known, but has decided to "marinate" some more. The random contractions started on Aug 22nd and Tracy has been in Antioch with her aunt, waiting, so that she can be near a Kaiser and Dan can drop off Faolan and Kieran for a little babysitting when the time is right. Until then, Dan has the girls in Manteca so that they can be in school and do their activities like normal. Tracy's due date is September 6th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home