Life in the Golden State

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fortunes

While cleaning my room up, I found a fortune that I kept earlier this year. On July 28, 2008, I was at a Chinese restaurant (I don't remember where) and got a fortune cookie. It read, "You are soon going to change your present line of work". At the time, I wasn't working and I really, really, really wanted a job. Well, the fortune actually came true. About two weeks later, I was employed at Safeway.

:>)

On Saturday, October 25th, I met up with Carolyn to see Peggy's baby, Sam. He was fussy and tired and refused to sleep. Peggy and Henry were so cute. They're such first-time parents, and I fully expect to be acting the same way. :>) No matter how much Carolyn and I assured them that it was OK that Sam cried or fussed, they kept appologizing and trying to calm the baby down. Before Sam was taken to the back of the house for a nap, I got to admire his cute little mohawk. It's not a traditional one down the back of his head, but across. Peggy sent me (and Carolyn) the picture you see below, and while you may think that his hair looks like that just because he's laying down, don't let it fool you. The poor guy's hair looks the same when sitting up! We loved it! :>) Henry says that his hair never lays down and that he even used some baby oil to slick Sam's hair back. It stayed for a while, but they had one slick baby on their hands.


Another good fortune that occured this past week or so: Mrs. Sara Morrow's baby was born! Grace was born on October 20th, and you can either click on Sara's link or follow this one for a picture. Sara says that there will be more posted in the future.
And, while I hate to ruin a good-fortune blog post with some bad news, I feel that I must update y'all on my job situation. In my last post I said I was waiting on results from the city of Hayward. Well, I followed-up and was told that the wait would be a few days more. On Saturday night, I had a letter waiting for me at home. :>( I'm bummed. I thought I had a chance with this one, but I guess that there were three applicants that were better suited for the jobs. It's time to send out a new round of job applications. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home