Inappropriate Laughter
The last couple of weeks has mostly concerned work. Workin' those 40hrs still.
Got to see Wicked in the city with Dad and KT (and the San Jose city group she works with). Awesome show. Dad couldn't stop talking about it on the BART ride home. We loved the witty humor, the Oz-tastic words, and the story's merge with The Wizard of Oz movie.
Today, I showcased my inappropriate laughter again. It shows up in random places that are far from funny. I laughed at Andrea's wedding (caught on tape to boot!) as the officiant kept saying her name in the wrong way she hates. I was supremely cheerful at Phillip's grandma's funeral. I've even cracked a smile while being reprimanded by my supervisor for the first time. (Hell, I don't smile anymore) SO, today, dad was telling me about the very concerning behavior of my mom, I chuckled, and I gotta, "It's really not funny". ooops.
Mom has been in the hospital since Saturday night. I came home from dinner at Claimjumpers with Dayni, Danny, Jen R, and Phillip to find that my parents were "missing". Since Dad is normally in bed at that hour, I called his cell phone and find that he's in the ER with Mom. again. She was admitted to the San Leandro Hospital and has been in the ICU ever since. She's really out of it, and basically has CO2 poisoning b/ she's not breathing right. If not poisoning, it's definitely done it's job to make her loop-y. She's been sleeping since being admitted four days ago. Dad was able to talk to the doctor this morning and tells me that she's got something like phuemonia (la-moan-ya) where there's fluid in (around??) her lungs. She's on antibiotics, diuretics, and on a cpap-like machine that's blowing oxygen into her lungs (it's not a ventalator, thank god). The doctor is highly concerned about Mom's condition, so Dad is really scared and concerned, and that makes the rest of us worry. When Dad's upset, it's serious. We've canceled our Easter/birthdays celebration for this Saturday b/ Mom isn't likely to even be out of the ICU for another few days at best.
Got to see Wicked in the city with Dad and KT (and the San Jose city group she works with). Awesome show. Dad couldn't stop talking about it on the BART ride home. We loved the witty humor, the Oz-tastic words, and the story's merge with The Wizard of Oz movie.
Today, I showcased my inappropriate laughter again. It shows up in random places that are far from funny. I laughed at Andrea's wedding (caught on tape to boot!) as the officiant kept saying her name in the wrong way she hates. I was supremely cheerful at Phillip's grandma's funeral. I've even cracked a smile while being reprimanded by my supervisor for the first time. (Hell, I don't smile anymore) SO, today, dad was telling me about the very concerning behavior of my mom, I chuckled, and I gotta, "It's really not funny". ooops.
Mom has been in the hospital since Saturday night. I came home from dinner at Claimjumpers with Dayni, Danny, Jen R, and Phillip to find that my parents were "missing". Since Dad is normally in bed at that hour, I called his cell phone and find that he's in the ER with Mom. again. She was admitted to the San Leandro Hospital and has been in the ICU ever since. She's really out of it, and basically has CO2 poisoning b/ she's not breathing right. If not poisoning, it's definitely done it's job to make her loop-y. She's been sleeping since being admitted four days ago. Dad was able to talk to the doctor this morning and tells me that she's got something like phuemonia (la-moan-ya) where there's fluid in (around??) her lungs. She's on antibiotics, diuretics, and on a cpap-like machine that's blowing oxygen into her lungs (it's not a ventalator, thank god). The doctor is highly concerned about Mom's condition, so Dad is really scared and concerned, and that makes the rest of us worry. When Dad's upset, it's serious. We've canceled our Easter/birthdays celebration for this Saturday b/ Mom isn't likely to even be out of the ICU for another few days at best.

4 Comments:
sorry to hear about my mom. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery. Love, C
By
carolyn, At
4/08/2009 10:40:00 AM
sorry, meant your mom
By
carolyn, At
4/08/2009 10:40:00 AM
Hope your mom gets better soon...
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
4/08/2009 02:17:00 PM
Thank you, guys!
By
amy, At
4/09/2009 11:10:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home