Hrs, March 14th, & Completion!
I've been working a lot. It's tiring. Plus, my boss is super-crazed about cleanliness of the Bakery lately. It's been "requested" that I mop every night that I close (that's five nights a week people!), and I've been told that if I didn't, that I'd have to mop when I got to work the next day. Cathy may whine, but she only works the two nights that I don't. I hate cleaning!.... We're all getting 40hrs, still, and I don't see an end in sight. When I'm stressed out and exhausted, I just try to remind myself that I'm thankful to be employed. Let's repeat: I'm thankful to be employed.
I had a HUGE day off the other day. It was on March 14th, a Saturday. It all started with my request for the time off b/of a wine-making class. From there, it snowballed. The 14th is also Andrea's birthday, and of course I'd love to have a few drinks at the bar while people kareoke to celebrate her big day. This day also turned out to be a good time to give Krishneel a birthday cake I'd made for him and his sister. Plus, the Toste men were heading out to a crab feed in Tracy. Phillip assured me that there would be some tastey, warm crabs to smash apart, so I said yes. (The crabs turned out to be served cold, but they were well-seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and green stuff, and they were just as hard to pull apart as I remember.) It was a long, go-go-go kind of day, but it was worth it. I enjoyed the company I kept and most certainly enjoyed a chocolate cupcake someone had brought to the bar. The cupcakes were from Merritt Bakery and were killer!
Yesterday was a mile-stone in The World of Amy b/, in my change from the cashier, I recived the Arizona state quarter. It was beautifully shiny and engraved with the Grand Canyon. As I looked at it, I realized that my quest to collect all 50 of the state quarters had come to an end. I have not bought any official, sealed, dust-free ones from The Mint. All of my quarters have come to me via change from cashiers. All of them are fairly shiny (I didn't feel the need to wash the money), and they sit in my coin collector's plastic sheet. The cool sheet came from the Bill Clinton Library in Little Rock. It has his picture, the law # he signed into being, and a list of the states. It's condensed, it's functional, and it's simple. Now, it's also COMPLETE. Thank you. :>)
On a sad note, I am not qualified to fill the open position at DCSS. I got a letter from the HR lady, and b/ it's been over 3yrs since I've worked there, I'm not eligible to go back w/o going through the entire county process again. I'm bummed. It would have been a step in the right direction and the salary I need to move out of my parents' house.
I had a HUGE day off the other day. It was on March 14th, a Saturday. It all started with my request for the time off b/of a wine-making class. From there, it snowballed. The 14th is also Andrea's birthday, and of course I'd love to have a few drinks at the bar while people kareoke to celebrate her big day. This day also turned out to be a good time to give Krishneel a birthday cake I'd made for him and his sister. Plus, the Toste men were heading out to a crab feed in Tracy. Phillip assured me that there would be some tastey, warm crabs to smash apart, so I said yes. (The crabs turned out to be served cold, but they were well-seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and green stuff, and they were just as hard to pull apart as I remember.) It was a long, go-go-go kind of day, but it was worth it. I enjoyed the company I kept and most certainly enjoyed a chocolate cupcake someone had brought to the bar. The cupcakes were from Merritt Bakery and were killer!
Yesterday was a mile-stone in The World of Amy b/, in my change from the cashier, I recived the Arizona state quarter. It was beautifully shiny and engraved with the Grand Canyon. As I looked at it, I realized that my quest to collect all 50 of the state quarters had come to an end. I have not bought any official, sealed, dust-free ones from The Mint. All of my quarters have come to me via change from cashiers. All of them are fairly shiny (I didn't feel the need to wash the money), and they sit in my coin collector's plastic sheet. The cool sheet came from the Bill Clinton Library in Little Rock. It has his picture, the law # he signed into being, and a list of the states. It's condensed, it's functional, and it's simple. Now, it's also COMPLETE. Thank you. :>)
On a sad note, I am not qualified to fill the open position at DCSS. I got a letter from the HR lady, and b/ it's been over 3yrs since I've worked there, I'm not eligible to go back w/o going through the entire county process again. I'm bummed. It would have been a step in the right direction and the salary I need to move out of my parents' house.

2 Comments:
my dad has a collection of quarters too.
tell me about the merritt bakery cupcake! i've been there a few years ago for dinner. food was decent.
dk
By
Anonymous, At
3/26/2009 11:38:00 AM
mmmm. the cupcake was moist, huge, and kinda dense. intense chocoalte flavor, not wimpy like the safeway cakes or hostess products. the frosting was rich and more of a milk chocolate flavor. it was a solid frosting for being in a warm bar, and very creamy. if it was a buttercream frosting, they definitely use a lot of butter and very little shortening.
By
amy, At
3/26/2009 10:50:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home