"Archive" #4
The natural bridges at the Natural Bridges State Beach in Santa Cruz.
Phillip avoiding the camera at Pigeon Point.
Me at Pigeon Point.
Pigeon Point Lighthouse (and hostel somewhere).
The pretty blue water opposite the lighthouse.
(the sun was clearing the fog as you look south!)
On Sunday, August 2, 2009, I asked Phillip to go with me to "The Coast". I wanted some "authentic" fish-n-chips and to just be somewhere cooler than our unusual 90+ degree heatwave in San Leandro.
We started out by going to Half Moon Bay. I had some fairly greasy fish-n-chips (they needed to drain the oil before serving), and Phillip had a yummy soup at the Half Moon Bay Brewery. It was called Avo's Stew and it had a ton of fish and a yummy tomatoy broth. I found that muscles are tolerable but that I don't like clams... I think.
From there, we drove down Hwy 1, towards Santa Cruz, and didn't really stop anywhere (Phillip didn't want to play at the beaches). But, because I was driving, I pulled over just past Pigeon Point. We didn't wanna see the hisorical lighthouse, but I wanted a picture of the pretty blue ocean. I drove on down to Santa Cruz. It was a beautiful day. We stopped at the Natural Bridges State Beach b/ I wanted to see what it was. There is a picture above of the bridge taken from the parking lot. We drove past downtown, liked it all, but really just wanted to head back to the Boardwalk. We paid a rate at the meter that'd make San Francisco proud, and walked the Boardwalk. I ate my first frozen banana (which is entirely too frozen for me to bite easily, but tasty), and Phillip had some good cinnamon glazed almonds. As we left town, we thought that it's be nice to see The Tias as we were so close to Hollister. Phillip called them up and they said to "come on over". I drove out of town and toward Watsonville. A mistake as we ended up at the end of the strawberry festival (something to check out next year?). We make it to Hollister and admire all the colorful changes to the house and just chat.
It was a fun, relaxing day. No work or anything to worry about. The weather was nice and it was all so calm. Next time, I'll make Phillip drive some. :>)

1 Comments:
that is a really cute pic of you!
By
carolyn, At
8/14/2009 06:31:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home