Life in the Golden State

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Needed Friend Time

I was asked to write up a statement of what happened at work last week. In the course of talking with my union rep, there appears to be a history section as well.... I just started with the email I sent y'all and added details and quotes... I'm beginning to see that this will take longer than I thought. I should have been working on this earlier today instead of having fun with the family.... Oh well.

Today, I went to lunch with my parents, grandparents, and Uncle Denny. We went to Panera Bread in Alameda. Everyone loved their food. We walked around formerly-known-as-South-Shore and bought a few items. Grandma got me some dangly earrings and she learned that Beverly's has waaaay more yarn for all her blanket-making needs than Michael's. (She'll be heading out there for some blue yarn soon!!) Afterwards, we went to Grandma and Papa's house. I helped Grandma with her digital picture frame (to check that all the pictures I loaded on her disk were viewable), and Dad talked with Papa about family history. After Dad and I got home, we discussed what he learned and then ended up pulling out the chest of cool documents and admiring the dusty, old stuff.

Yesterday was some much needed time with friends. (This has been a loooong week!!) Jen R invited me over to her mom's house for dinner (along with Dayni, Danny, and Louis). It was a potluck, but, being at KT's, I wasn't sure what to make. Not only would I have to buy all ingredients, I'd have to figure out where things were to cook/bake. I decided on making some semi-homemade peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies. The rest of the feast included teriyaki chicken, baked chicken, green salad, spinach lasagna, and a lemon poppy seed cake. I was well fed, and feelin' happy. Jen made some Rum and Cokes. Good rum. Good Coke.... Sadly, it was too late when I realized that I'd been chattering non-stop b/of the caffine. I hope that my dinner companions forgive me! :>) Next time, I'll stick to the pure alcohol and non-caffinated beverages.

Oh! And one more thing!!!!

I don't know how I forgot, but I was just reading my blog over, again, and I finally realized what it is that I forgot to mention:

Happy Birthday Kean McKinnon!

He was born this weekend after Lisa spent a good 24hrs in active labor. There were phone calls and texts galore, and Lisa sent out an email today with pictures. awwww! So cute. He's still at that red-skinned phase. :>) I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories of parenthood. I'm sure that Kathy, Sara, and Heather can give Lisa a few pointers (if desired).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home