Life in the Golden State

Friday, September 25, 2009

Frustration

There are days that Mom makes it really hard to care, and I'm having one of those mornings.

I go downstairs to check on her. It's so quiet, I was doubting that she was even awake. Instead, I follow the trail of her green oxygen hose to the front door, and she's not wearing it and the machine is running. I open the front door and find her squished between the front door and the screen door, smoking, and talking on the phone in her pjs. GGGRRRRRR!

I just really needed to vent! Why do I care about her health more than she?

I think that Phillip and I need to switch moms for a couple of days. I could use a break from mine, and we haven't even left for our weekend yet.

2 Comments:

  • my neighbor uses an oxygen tank and they've got signs saying "no smoking--oxygen in use." is your mom going to accidentally blow up your house? or is there actually very little chance of that happening?

    dk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9/26/2009 02:50:00 PM  

  • I dunno. That's one of my concerns besides the extremely unhealthful smoking that adds to her lack of lung function. We have the same sign on the front door.

    By Blogger amy, At 9/27/2009 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home