Life in the Golden State

Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Been a While

For those of you who don't know, I've been away from the computer a lot. The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I bought a new computer... and then returned it two days later. It didn't turn on properly and Phillip was on the phone with HP Support for 1 1/2 hrs as I followed the commands and ate dinner on Sunday night. With my cake class on Mondays, I had to return it Tuesday night. It was a trouble-free event. I had to go to the computer desk and have them test it out. Well, there they couldn't even get the picture up, so that was the problem and I got a full refund. I only went through all of this b/ it was a great sales price (about $200 cheaper than a comparable computer from Dell). While the factory may have made a fluke, I didn't want to try out another computer of the same model.

It took me until the 13th, maybe, to put my old computer back together. I was disappointed and extremely busy with oodles of social events (parties, weddings, and the arrival of friends from MI), classes, and Mom in-and-out of the hospital. (Side note: why don't Dad and Dan have the SL Hospital's number programmed into their phones yet???) I'm super-behind in Facebook games, and social networking in general.

My cake classes went well. I was extremely frustrated the week of Royal Icing, but I loved working with fondant (sugar play-doh). My "wedding cake" turned out wonderfully, and there will be pictures posted soon. I'm working with my old computer, again, so speedy uploads/downloads/transfers aren't happening. I'm considering a purchase of a new memory stick so that I don't have to clear out all my precious pictures before heading out of town.

I'm tired and still fighting a cold. My annoying cough of the last week has given me a sore throat as of 2 1/2 hrs ago. :>( It's not a good sign, but I hope that I can sleep tonight.

I'm not sure why, but I'm bummed about Brittany Murphy's death. I liked her. I didn't see all of her movies, but, I dunno....

Christmas is in a few days. I don't feel too into it again this year. I have the holiday off (YEA!!!!), but I've been to rushed to really enjoy the season. I sent out very few Christmas cards, mostly to distant family that I won't be seeing this week (yes, they were only mailed on Friday). I finnished my shopping tonight by "cheating". When I wrap presents, I'll borrow a pieces of clothing that Auntie Katie bought while taking the two oldest nieces shopping on the day after THanksgiving. We're gonna have an extremely full house on Christmas Eve this year. Both sides of the family are coming, and by the time everyone is off work and enjoying dessert, we'll have 25 people crammed into out back room. I think that's our winter-time limit if we all expect to eat in the same room. Dad and I have decided that bigger parties are only allowed at this house if we can let people enjoy backyard seating on the deck and over by the waterfall. I'm in charge of dessert this year. Surprised? Hardly. :>) I wanna make a cake and try to decorate it nicely. I don't know how to make pointsettas, but I'll figure something out. The cake will be a wedding cake with two tiers.

1 Comments:

  • i'm also bummed about Brittany's death, it's really sad. Are you free this weekend? We can meet up see a movie or something. Hope you have a good Christmas.

    By Blogger carolyn, At 12/22/2009 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home