Life in the Golden State

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lookin' Forward

So many things to look forward to in the coming week.

1. Time with The Tias today. They're always fun and I haven't seen them in a while.

2. Corn Maize tonight with The Tias, Phillip, Jen R, and Joe. Smaller group than last time, but I'm guessing it won't be any less fun. I'd like to actually try to solve the clues this time instead of randomly running through the maze. Plus, I'm looking forward to some pumpkin sling shotting.

3. Church with Phillip. It's not that I'm dying to be there, but it has been a loooong time since I've gone. (yes, i'm a bad catholic.) I believe it was a few years ago (not counting funerals) when I went with Carolyn to the midnight Christmas Eve mass. I'm curious to see what St. Leander's looks like on the inside. My childhood church was St. Felicitas and it was definitely built in a certain decade w/ it's stained glass windows and wood panneling on everything. Despite all the windows, I remember that place always feeling dark, like the lights weren't on. It's not scary, but peaceful. The darkness effect must be b/ the lights were increadibly far from the ground and the effects of the wooden walls all in one spot.

4. Another orientation at work. Yesterday, I went to a lunch-time meeting at City Hall for a pizza lunch and information on my new union, SEIU 1021. I have to vote on some bylaws soon, or else we won't become a real union. hmmmm.... Monday is a day where I go to City Hall for a presentation by many deparment heads (I'm sure I'll get to meet mine again). I'll get to see what functions the City of Hayward offers and not be at work answering phones. :>)

5. Gnocchi class with Phillip at Sur La Table. Need I say more??? Shirley has already invited herself to the dinner that we're gonna have to host after this class. I'm sure that many of my readers would be interested too. mmmmm! The other good thing about this class is that I won't be working. No dishes and sanitizing and prep of food for me. I get to make a mess and leave. :>)

6. Halloween. Dan and Tracy are bringing the girls out to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood and to see that haunted house over by Porters. The rest of Tracy's family is coming over, too, so it'll be a pot luck. I'm in charge of dessert. I'm thinking either Apple Cupcakes, Pumpkin Flan (with a spiderweb design), or Mud Pie (complete with gummy worms and whatever else). At this point, Halloween is for the little ones, and I'm leaning towards the worm pie. What else goes in it besides a cookie crust, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms? Anyone remember?

Well, I'm off to grocery shop. Most of my dad's siblings will be in the east bay today (they're all going kyaking) and so they're having a late birthday dinner for Papa up at Manor Grill. Since I can't be there, I was going to make rice krispie treats for Dad to take to dinner. They're a non-chocoalte favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home