Life in the Golden State

Friday, October 16, 2009

Duh! Moments

Duh! Moment #1
Wine tasting at Castillo di Amorosa. While actually wine tasting, we didn't look at the book of descriptions and just chose ones that sounded good. The wine pourer was pouring Phillip and I things we didn't want. He said that he gets to choose what we want. Whatever... Well, when we get down to the dessert wines, only two are available b/ the other two are sold out. They're on our wine-choosing form, but have a huge SOLD OUT in the book. :>( The guy wasn't being hoity-toity, he was just giving us the wines he had w/o telling us we were stupid.... By far, the favorite of all of us (me, Phillip, Dayni, Danny) was the "Late Harvest" Gewurztraminer. It was supremely sweet, and Dayni said it best with, "it tastes like grape juice." Yes, people, it was mighty tasty grape juice indeed. The problem was that it cost $35/split. There was no purchase.

Duh! Moment #2 & #3
I open my mail from today, and I have TWO letters from Bank of the West's financial services. A few years ago, I had an IRA there, and I get this:
It's TWO copies of the same Privacy Policy, in TWO different letters, for an account that no longer exists!
I then open this:
It's my enrollment form for a retirement account for a company I'm fairly certain that I don't work for anymore.
It could be the wine that Dad and I had with dinner tonight, but I found it all rediculous and funny. It gave me a good chuckle.... and the need to make a blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home