Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year. Yea 2010!

THe new year has rung, and I'm pretty content with life. I like those words. It's been quite a while since I've said that....

Christmas was good. We had almost 25 people here. It was busy and hectic and had lots of good food.

New Year's was spent after a not-too-long week in San Diego with Phillip. I joined my coworkers and spent some Furlough Days the week between the two holidays. While in San Diego, we visited Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wildlife Park, Coronado Island and the infamous Corando Hotel, Old Town San Diego (very briefly), the Gaslamp District, Balboa Park (but only entered one museum), and Mission Basilica San Diego de Acala. Two favorite food places were the Rockbottom Brewery, and Filipe's. They were a great brewery and a pizzeria/deli.

New Year's itself was spent watching CNN and the ball drop in New York. We tried to go to bed early, and I think I might have gotten more sleep than Phillip. Imagine that? We got up at 230am and drove to Los Angeles for the Rose Bowl Parade. Insane amount of people camped out along the parade route!!! At about 7am, my grandfather (who lives in South Pasadena) met up with us and we all watched the parade together. We then tried to go to lunch in Little Tokyo in downtown LA, but were thwarted with closed restaurants. It was frustrating b/ the community was having a new year's festival, but the places he wanted to take us to were closed. WHY? We ended up back in South Pasadena (where most ethnic places were closed too) and ate a diner. I had an awesome veggie sandwich. We then headed out of town and drove home.... Exhausted. We probably should have stopped somewhere for the night, but Phillip was determined to get home. I'm glad he drove b/ I couldn't see once it got dark. My bad night vision plus extreme tiredness is a bad combo while driving! :>) We, obviously, made it home safe and sound.

Happy New Year!

See some of you this weekend as we celebrate a belated birthday for Dayni.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home