Pleasantly Plump
In the same day that I tried the pub food at Buddy's in Hayward, I joined the gym. The city of Hayward gets a discount for 24hr Fitness, but I wanted cheaper and less pressure. I've joined the Planet Fitness at Southland Mall. It's clean, but under the mall. It has a ton of machines; I've been there twice during the time I'd work out (after work), and there are still free items to use. They have a 30min circut if I desire. I wouldn't shower there but head home. It's still only $10/mo and the initiation fee is only $29 instead of $5o. The promotion ends in Sept.
While my honey says I'm not fat and that I'm "pleasantly plump" (as any good boyfriend should), I want to loose weight. I want to feel less lazy and lathargic. I want to keep off the 20-30lbs I keep loosing and gaining these past 5 years . I want to feel like my clothes fit as they've felt tight these last few months. It's time to lose the weight and to take better care of my health. Sitting on my ass for 8hrs a day isn't doing me any good..... not that working out 8hrs a day is the best routine either (ahem, Slaveway), but I'm determined to find a balance. My efforts to work out at home in the front room, for free, just hasn't been working. This is my solution to that. Wish me luck!
While my honey says I'm not fat and that I'm "pleasantly plump" (as any good boyfriend should), I want to loose weight. I want to feel less lazy and lathargic. I want to keep off the 20-30lbs I keep loosing and gaining these past 5 years . I want to feel like my clothes fit as they've felt tight these last few months. It's time to lose the weight and to take better care of my health. Sitting on my ass for 8hrs a day isn't doing me any good..... not that working out 8hrs a day is the best routine either (ahem, Slaveway), but I'm determined to find a balance. My efforts to work out at home in the front room, for free, just hasn't been working. This is my solution to that. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:
good luck, amy!
and that is an awesome deal on the membership. great choice not going with 24hr fitness!
By
Arrowhead, At
7/26/2010 11:05:00 PM
Yeah, good luck! I'm stuck trying the do-it-yourself (free) method at home for now and it is so hard to stay motivated. When I'm not on call, I love walking Lake Chabot. Lemme know if you'd like to come along some time.
By
yellowrose15, At
7/27/2010 02:43:00 PM
? how does 24 hours pressure?
hope you reviewed buddy's in the food blog.
you can start smoking to lose weight. it's supposed to suppress appetite. i'm sure phillip would be super stoked. of course that probably wouldn't be very good for your asthma.
or you could develop a nervous twitch and burn calories a little at a time.
in case you couldn't tell, i was joking about the smoking comment.
dk
By
Anonymous, At
7/27/2010 03:33:00 PM
have a baby and wait until he starts crawling. you'll lose weight, guaranteed. if i'm not chasing, i'm lifting 25 pounds off the ground away from water bowls, toilets, garbage cans or open slider doors.
it's tough to stay motivated but we're rootin' for ya!
By
Crazy, At
7/27/2010 06:40:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home