Life in the Golden State

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Faith Remains after a Hectic Week

This past week has been sooo hectic and stressful and exhausting!! I'm soooo glad it's over with. There is still a lot of residual worries, but I have to have faith that everything will work out.

Yesterday, I was in bed for the majority of the day. I was sleeping or resting until about 1:30pm, when I had to get ready for work at Sur La Table. I helped to run a special event - a lady's 60th birthday. There were 16 people, gifts, wine, and lots of yummy food. I sampled almost all of it after the party-people left (we're not allowed to eat with the special events people, only the class people), and I have the recipes. I shall make something from this batch at the next appropriate event. By the time I got down the Montgomery BART platform, I had two minutes before the Dublin train. I was awesomely surprised and happy to have snagged a seat. :>)

I finally made my banana & banana-nut bread muffins this afternoon!! I ended up with two batches worth of bananas. I'm happy to say that the recipe holds true. It will be one to keep for a long time. :>) The whole wheat flour and applesauce make the mix a tad more healthy than normal. I forgot to add some flax seed, but I'll be sure to write it on the notes for next time. Every little bit counts...

I'm going to take some muffins to the Toste house in a little bit. Phillip's uncle is in really bad shape. He's been in the ICU since Friday night (after he began to throw-up blood!). He's had two surgeries and, at last report, is sedated and sleeping well. I told Phillip that his aunt and cousins could use some munchies for their long hospital visits, so I'll package a few for them. For those of you who pray, please do so.

At church this week, I actually lighted a candle. (Not having a lot of cash on me, it didn't feel right to light more than I could pay for.) I haven't done that in I-don't-know-how-long. I sent up a prayer for both the people I know who've had hospital stays this week. After all these years of practicing my faith b/ that is what I was taught to do as a child, today I felt like I was a little step closer to believing in it all: the words of wisdom, the faith, etc. The community exists for a reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home