My First Sopa at a Holy Ghost Festa
On Sunday, I went with Phillip and Mrs. Toste to Union City....
hmmmm. It smells like pot in my room. Who's smoking where????
So, on Sunday, we went to Union City to have some sopas. They're free and tastey. I compare it to the American Pot Roast. It's meat, soup/broth, cabbage, and french bread. Mrs. Toste says that she adds more veggies and potatoes to her version she makes at home.
MAN! Did Georgie get sprayed by a skunk?!?!!? It is so strong in my room and it now smells gasoline-ish. My door and windows are shut and I don't know where the smell is coming from. I feel like I'm back at HSU.
I found a simple recipe online. You get to read about festas, too, as the article is from The Chronicle in 2004. The recipe(s) is/are at the end.
The next time I go to a festa will be in San Luis Obispo... and whenever Tracy is having theirs. Mrs. Toste kept saying that we have to see Tracy's parade because it is the most beautiful one around. That, and Rouja loved the parade and all the queens' costumes in Tracy as well. With an event so highly talked about, how can I pass it up? So, parade in Tracy, and the supreme-sopa-event in San Luis Obispo with Phillip, Mrs. Toste, and her siblings.
Other than that, there isn't much to report from this weekend. (Well, there is, but it's not my news to report.) I ended up hanging out with Phillip and not getting any chores done. I'm such a slacker! I was happily away from home, but now feel a tad guilty for not accomplishing anything. Kinda. The stuff I didn't do this weekend isn't anything I can't do this week....
On an unrelated tangent:
One thing I have noticed recently is that as my friends and I get older, things just aren't a big to-do. Or, maybe it's just that everyone has their own lives and friends just aren't as close as they were in their youth? In any case, I've noticed that a lot of recent pregnancies, engagements, moving of homes, births, and other big life-changing things have been announced through blogs and, in particular, Facebook. It lacks the excitement of a phone call or the unannounced knock at your door. The events themselves are exciting, but the people announcing The Big Event act so mellow... it's almost like they're starting the conversation with a "by the way," and usually end it with a "oh, didn't I tell you?" It's probably just me and my opinion. It's not a huge deal, but maybe just a demonstration of how busy everyone is, or personality differences.
hmmmm. It smells like pot in my room. Who's smoking where????
So, on Sunday, we went to Union City to have some sopas. They're free and tastey. I compare it to the American Pot Roast. It's meat, soup/broth, cabbage, and french bread. Mrs. Toste says that she adds more veggies and potatoes to her version she makes at home.
MAN! Did Georgie get sprayed by a skunk?!?!!? It is so strong in my room and it now smells gasoline-ish. My door and windows are shut and I don't know where the smell is coming from. I feel like I'm back at HSU.
I found a simple recipe online. You get to read about festas, too, as the article is from The Chronicle in 2004. The recipe(s) is/are at the end.
The next time I go to a festa will be in San Luis Obispo... and whenever Tracy is having theirs. Mrs. Toste kept saying that we have to see Tracy's parade because it is the most beautiful one around. That, and Rouja loved the parade and all the queens' costumes in Tracy as well. With an event so highly talked about, how can I pass it up? So, parade in Tracy, and the supreme-sopa-event in San Luis Obispo with Phillip, Mrs. Toste, and her siblings.
Other than that, there isn't much to report from this weekend. (Well, there is, but it's not my news to report.) I ended up hanging out with Phillip and not getting any chores done. I'm such a slacker! I was happily away from home, but now feel a tad guilty for not accomplishing anything. Kinda. The stuff I didn't do this weekend isn't anything I can't do this week....
On an unrelated tangent:
One thing I have noticed recently is that as my friends and I get older, things just aren't a big to-do. Or, maybe it's just that everyone has their own lives and friends just aren't as close as they were in their youth? In any case, I've noticed that a lot of recent pregnancies, engagements, moving of homes, births, and other big life-changing things have been announced through blogs and, in particular, Facebook. It lacks the excitement of a phone call or the unannounced knock at your door. The events themselves are exciting, but the people announcing The Big Event act so mellow... it's almost like they're starting the conversation with a "by the way," and usually end it with a "oh, didn't I tell you?" It's probably just me and my opinion. It's not a huge deal, but maybe just a demonstration of how busy everyone is, or personality differences.

1 Comments:
great post amy. i have been wanting to go to slo's amazing farmer's market for a long while now. it's been years since i've been there.
a few years ago phil's family took us to gustine for a portuguese rodeo. it was completely fun!
dk
By
Anonymous, At
5/04/2010 03:31:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home