Gym & Anniversary
Well, I've been to the gym 2-3 times since I joined. I didn't go at all the first week b/ I was so busy with things and planning for my Reno trip. I went once last week b/ I thought I had to sign up for an orientation before begining any workout, and as it turns out, the check-in people will show you how to use a cardio machine. I've only gone once this week. My orientation day was canceled b/ I had to pick Mom up at the hospital and I didn't have time to make it to my meeting. I was house-admiring with Phillip and Louis last night, and tonight, well, I just plain flaked. No good excuse besides the fact that I was starving after finally finding a gift for Julie's bridal shower on Saturday. I'll go tomorrow after work.
Mom's foot was placed in a cast during her doctor appointment on Tuesday. She's got an ulcer that isn't healing, so they casted it. It's on her right foot, so she couldn't drive her car home. I had to go get her, and then when Dad came home, we went to pick up her car. Appearently, ulcers need moisture to heal, while other wounds need it to be dry. The cast will keep it moist. I don't know when she'll get it taken off.
My parents had their 35th anniversary on Monday. They celebrated by going to dinner at Black Angus. I don't know what else they did that day, if anything, but Dad was going to try to get her to go to Monterey this weekend. He's going kyaking with KT on Friday, and then he wanted to stay the weekend. The weekend plans have been canceled, obviously.
My weekend plans are pretty mellow. I have Julie's bridal shower on Saturday, and then nothing else calendared. I'm looking forward to time at home. I have chores that I have to force myself to do. I'm tired of messiness!!! After watching a few episodes of the "Hoarders" show on Style network (maybe??) last weekend, I'm ready to clean. I'm determined to clean. My mess is no where near as bad as the people profiled, but I'm done with looking at it all. If I don't have space to put it all away, something (or a few somethings) will leave the room for the Goodwill pile.
Mom's foot was placed in a cast during her doctor appointment on Tuesday. She's got an ulcer that isn't healing, so they casted it. It's on her right foot, so she couldn't drive her car home. I had to go get her, and then when Dad came home, we went to pick up her car. Appearently, ulcers need moisture to heal, while other wounds need it to be dry. The cast will keep it moist. I don't know when she'll get it taken off.
My parents had their 35th anniversary on Monday. They celebrated by going to dinner at Black Angus. I don't know what else they did that day, if anything, but Dad was going to try to get her to go to Monterey this weekend. He's going kyaking with KT on Friday, and then he wanted to stay the weekend. The weekend plans have been canceled, obviously.
My weekend plans are pretty mellow. I have Julie's bridal shower on Saturday, and then nothing else calendared. I'm looking forward to time at home. I have chores that I have to force myself to do. I'm tired of messiness!!! After watching a few episodes of the "Hoarders" show on Style network (maybe??) last weekend, I'm ready to clean. I'm determined to clean. My mess is no where near as bad as the people profiled, but I'm done with looking at it all. If I don't have space to put it all away, something (or a few somethings) will leave the room for the Goodwill pile.

3 Comments:
boy, you're quite busy with showers in a period of a month
By
Crazy, At
8/15/2010 07:44:00 PM
what are you getting rid of?!
dk
By
Anonymous, At
8/17/2010 07:36:00 PM
Mostly old clothes. I don't have too much stuff - or, I shouldn't since I purged a lot before moving to NH.
By
amy, At
8/22/2010 11:11:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home