Life in the Golden State

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just When You Think You Know....

what is going on, things change.

Last Friday, I got some pretty roses from my honey "just because". Awwwww! They were delivered to work, and the ladies were swooning over how great Phillip is. Brendan asked what he'd done wrong.

I almost had the opportunity to move out of my parents house, but that slipped away because it wasn't the right situation.

I got a phone call from a friend who, appearently, had been in the hospital all week. I hope she accepts some much-needed help.

Some other events from this week:

1) Had a yummy dinner at Horatio's for Mrs. Toste's birthday. We overate and Maria, Mijo, and Liberalina were a hoot.

2) Helped, a little, with Phillip's backyard. The birthday present from the boys to Mrs Toste was a surprise make-over of the backyard. Well, since she never left on her trip, the make-over became a non-surprise. I think it looks great. All they need is another layer or two to the gravel and a mini table for tea time.

3) Attended the IBEW 595 BBQ for the first time in years. The last time I went, I was a child, and it was held at Lower Lake Chabot park in San Leandro. It was, basically, a pot luck of sorts with games, raffle, and a horseshoe game extravaganza. The little kids always got in trouble for playing in the creek. Switch to this year: At Rowell Ranch Rodeo. Dad was in charge of the horseshoe tournament, and there were still the same games. There were booths for Guitar Hero, cotton candy/snow cones/hot dogs for the kids, Safety Poster making area, character drawings, jump house, pony rides, a live band, raffle, and a ton of food and drinks. Dad and I participated in the egg toss. I tossed it perfectly to him, he then tossed it over my head. We think he played too much horseshoe.

4) Breakfast with a suprise visit from my sister. It was KT, me, Phillip, and my grandparents. We went to Mimi's and discovered that the french toast is made with orange. Even the "plain" stuff. Next time I go, I'll just stick to the egg or sandwiches. After breakfast, we hung out with Grandma and Papa. It was a good morning.

This coming week, I have another appointment at the gym for "orientation". I'm also taking a few days to make some cupcakes for work. Bill is getting married in early September, so we're using our full-staff meeting to have some food, cupcakes, and to present a gift. It's all a surprise for Bill, so it'll be fun. This week, I also get to meet up with Julie, the bride-to-be. I flaked on her bridal shower b/ my sister was unexpectedly in town. This way, we get to catch-up on a one-on-one basis. :>)

Ms. Aeryn is in the room. More later.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home