Life in the Golden State

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I know it's been forever since my last post. To recall this past month and a half would bore y'all to tears. All I know is that I've been busy and haven't had the desire to turn the computer on after work. I've done it, but....






The above pictures are of the cupcakes from Dayni's Baby Shower. One set was the lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting. The other set was red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. The decorations were for Wonder Woman (crown, lasso, stars, symbol), for a baby (booties, rattles, storks), and for Dayni (bookworms).

Other events in the past month include Ms. Sarah Tom being born and Julie Gin's wedding. I was in such a rush in preparing for Julie's wedding, that I forgot my camera. (It's a good thing that I'd placed the present in the car a few days before) If you want to see how beautiful the bride was, please look on her Facebook page. She had both a wedding dress and a traditional red dress.

Work has been stressful for me, but I can't really talk about it. I wish I could, but I can't. I've been trying to go to bed early most days. I'm hoping that some change comes out of all this stress and worry.

I've been to the gym about 2-3 times a week. If I want to lose weight, though, I need to work out more. :>( I wanted to try a Zumba class, but the instructor hasn't gotten back to me with details. She did try to "friend me" on Facebook, though. I thought it was funny. I didn't accept it as we're not friends yet. I want into the class first and maybe meet her first, you know? She thinks I went to San Leandro High as I have a lot of friends from there.


Uncle Denny, Dad, Uncle Steve, Dan, Papa, Dave

The above picture is of the Maloon men. Happy 94th Birthday, Papa! We ate at Black Angus. It was good food, awkward table area, and interesting conversation.

This coming week, there is a CAC meeting at City Hall, 5:30pm, if y'all are interested. It should be a fine time for all. We don't really need a meeting, but the Public Works Director says we do. I hope it's short because there is only one item on the agenda. I don't have to go to these, but I do anyway. I find it's easier to type up the minutes if I've been there and can see who's talking. Plus, I get to be "in the know". :>)

On Saturday after class, Phillip and I are taking my grandparents down to Paso Robles to see my aunt (the only Maloon child missing from the picture) and uncle. We should have a good time. They're fun to be around.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home