Drama
There is drama in the Life of Amy. It's no wonder why I'm breaking out and my eye occasionally twitches.
Since my last post, things haven't settled yet with work. I can't tell many details, but I can say to y'all the same thing I tell the public. Lloyd, Airport Manager, is on leave. I don't know when he's coming back, but if I can coerce the phone-person to give me a message, I ensure that someone will call them back. Brendan, Airport Operations Manager, is in charge. He's got the "acting" title and everything. I think he's the most busy in the office as he's doing both jobs. He's in many a meeting lately.
My brother is moving home. The official date is undetermined, but let me say that he's here an awful lot lately. The girls have moved in with their mom in Manteca so that they can continue at the same school with their friends.
Since Phillip's house hunting is on hiatus until the spring, I've decided to look for an apartment of my own. Earlier this year, it wasn't financially responsible of me to get my own place, so I looked at sad, sad living conditions in which I'd be able to rent a room. Well, my tolerance level for living at home has all but disappeared. With my latest raise (AND last for the next 1 1/2 yrs), I can afford a 1 bedroom apartment, or, even a studio. I'm looking at a place in Pleasanton tomorrow. My fuel bill will at least double from the commute (if my mpg stays the same, pathetic 21 mpg caused by all the surface streets), but I think it's a fair trade. Let me know if you hear of any good places in un-seedy areas!
The weekend of Halloween, Phillip and I took my grandparents down to Paso Robles to see my aunt and uncle. It was a good trip. I got to drive Papa's car because his car doesn't get to stretch its legs very often. Phillip fell in love with my aunt's house. It's exactly what he's looking for in a home, but to find it in the bay area might be a problem. I mean, how are we going to find the remains of an almond orchard? :>) We got in on Saturday and hung out. On Sunday, after lunch, Phillip and I went down to SLO while my aunt and uncle took the grandparents to the local mission. Appearently, it's beautiful and well restored/rebuilt since that big earthquake down there. On Monday, we left town after a late breakfast. It was a good trip, and I'd do it again... esp. stay at the La Quinta. My grandparents took Aunt Mary's only guest room, and Phillip and I stayed at the new-ish hotel down the street. It was NICE inside. Everything still looked new, and the breakfast buffet, while we never had a chance to eat it, looked like a pretty good spread. The best feature was our bed. It was soft, yet firm, and I was soooo comfortable. The bed barely moved when one of us did. In fact, on Sunday morning, I didn't even notice that Phillip had gotten out of bed. Hello! The world's lightest sleeper, and I wasn't even disturbed. Wonderful bed. :>)
This weekend, I'm going down to Tulare with Phillip for Shaylee's birthday. I like Paula and the girls, so I'm looking forward to our quick overnight trip.
Since my last post, things haven't settled yet with work. I can't tell many details, but I can say to y'all the same thing I tell the public. Lloyd, Airport Manager, is on leave. I don't know when he's coming back, but if I can coerce the phone-person to give me a message, I ensure that someone will call them back. Brendan, Airport Operations Manager, is in charge. He's got the "acting" title and everything. I think he's the most busy in the office as he's doing both jobs. He's in many a meeting lately.
My brother is moving home. The official date is undetermined, but let me say that he's here an awful lot lately. The girls have moved in with their mom in Manteca so that they can continue at the same school with their friends.
Since Phillip's house hunting is on hiatus until the spring, I've decided to look for an apartment of my own. Earlier this year, it wasn't financially responsible of me to get my own place, so I looked at sad, sad living conditions in which I'd be able to rent a room. Well, my tolerance level for living at home has all but disappeared. With my latest raise (AND last for the next 1 1/2 yrs), I can afford a 1 bedroom apartment, or, even a studio. I'm looking at a place in Pleasanton tomorrow. My fuel bill will at least double from the commute (if my mpg stays the same, pathetic 21 mpg caused by all the surface streets), but I think it's a fair trade. Let me know if you hear of any good places in un-seedy areas!
The weekend of Halloween, Phillip and I took my grandparents down to Paso Robles to see my aunt and uncle. It was a good trip. I got to drive Papa's car because his car doesn't get to stretch its legs very often. Phillip fell in love with my aunt's house. It's exactly what he's looking for in a home, but to find it in the bay area might be a problem. I mean, how are we going to find the remains of an almond orchard? :>) We got in on Saturday and hung out. On Sunday, after lunch, Phillip and I went down to SLO while my aunt and uncle took the grandparents to the local mission. Appearently, it's beautiful and well restored/rebuilt since that big earthquake down there. On Monday, we left town after a late breakfast. It was a good trip, and I'd do it again... esp. stay at the La Quinta. My grandparents took Aunt Mary's only guest room, and Phillip and I stayed at the new-ish hotel down the street. It was NICE inside. Everything still looked new, and the breakfast buffet, while we never had a chance to eat it, looked like a pretty good spread. The best feature was our bed. It was soft, yet firm, and I was soooo comfortable. The bed barely moved when one of us did. In fact, on Sunday morning, I didn't even notice that Phillip had gotten out of bed. Hello! The world's lightest sleeper, and I wasn't even disturbed. Wonderful bed. :>)
This weekend, I'm going down to Tulare with Phillip for Shaylee's birthday. I like Paula and the girls, so I'm looking forward to our quick overnight trip.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home