Name Change
I had a thought the other day.... yes, those things happen once in a while...
I was thinking that I'll have to change the name of my blog soon. I never really lived in Mass. other than a few side trips. Six months in the Granite State and now I'm back here in good ol' CA. It was a lot of wishful thinking and too many plans that I never carried out...
Work isn't the greatest. We're all very worried about Grandma's health. We're still behind in that we have to complete about 150-200 tax returns now. The extension is good until October, but it'd be for the best if we got them all done by the end of May. In hopes of relieving some tension, Margie and I drafted a letter of appology for our clients (which Mom and Grandma get to approve and change if need-be on Tuesday) and we'll send it out this week.
Highlights of the past week? Well,
I got my hair cut. It's a length that's between my ears and top of my shoulders. I have some bare neck back there! It can get cold at night when the wind picks up and the fog rolls in...
I got to see Carolyn in The City. I haven't been over there in a while, so it was nice to get out of San Leandro. Even nicer? Got to drive KT's car. I was aiming for Mom's, but KT had dibs. It's OK. I didn't have to take Dad's truck over there. We went to the Arboritum (? Aboritorium??) and saw the butterfly exhibit. Not as large as I was expecting, but OK for my $3 student fee. Marine World has a better one, from what I remember. After, we went to Cha Cha Cha and had a late lunch. Very good food. As we walked back through the park, we ran across "HIppie Hill". Carolyn said she'd heard of it. Well, we were in Sharon Meadows and it was full of hippies and mostly psuedo-hippies. Lots of dancing, drum circles, food, and pot. Reminded me of Arcata. (Later, when I was talking with Claire, did I only realize it was 4/20 and about an hour past 420pm....) We watched a movie at her place and I dropped her off to watch some French film later that night.
I had Claire over earlier this week for dinner. We ate some cactus verde that Phillip brought back for me from the Tias. It was tastey. They had made it so that the cactus was an additive to the chili verde sauce and pork. Dad even had a serving and liked it. Mom refused to touch it.
I also got to see Julie for dinner. I was being spontaneous in my invitation, but she "came out to play" anyway. It was nice to get caught up. I couldn't remember the last time it was that we saw each other.
Yesterday, I spent the day down in San Jose Katie. We didn't plan our trip, but we did stop by AAA for maps, Tourbooks, vacation ideas for a possible family trip for Papa's 90th birthday, and ordered a Trip Tic of the route we plan to take. It should arrive at KT's in about 10 working days. Yea! So, instead of planning our trip, we got manicures (me) and pedicures (KT), had lunch, turned in KT's time card for work, ate some ice cream/gelatto, shopped, proofread her latest paper, and I got a makeover and bought some supplies for waaaay too much money. It's the price of beauty. At around 7pm, I met up with Phillip, Jen, Mylinh, and Mylinh's boyfriend, Steve, for dinner. Considering I didn't have much understanding of what I was looking at on the gigantic menu, my meal turned out pretty good. After a failed search for some sort of bean ball Vietnamese dessert that Phillip wanted, we said good-bye to Mylinh and Steve. Katie called and wanted to know if I was still in town and to see if I/we wanted to hang out. I took Phillip and Jen to KT's place and we decided to karaoke. KT seemed a little leery, but enjoyed herself soon into it. We then went to have some yummy ice cream sundaes. It was a late night. I hope that Kate and Phillip are having OK days at work. Kate had to be up for a program at 9am and Phillip was helping old people through a work program similar to the Christmas in July that Dad's union participates in every year.
Tonight, I have dinner plans with Jen, Dayni, and Carolyn, I believe.... I've been eating a lot this week, but it's nice to see people at "normal" times!
I was thinking that I'll have to change the name of my blog soon. I never really lived in Mass. other than a few side trips. Six months in the Granite State and now I'm back here in good ol' CA. It was a lot of wishful thinking and too many plans that I never carried out...
Work isn't the greatest. We're all very worried about Grandma's health. We're still behind in that we have to complete about 150-200 tax returns now. The extension is good until October, but it'd be for the best if we got them all done by the end of May. In hopes of relieving some tension, Margie and I drafted a letter of appology for our clients (which Mom and Grandma get to approve and change if need-be on Tuesday) and we'll send it out this week.
Highlights of the past week? Well,
I got my hair cut. It's a length that's between my ears and top of my shoulders. I have some bare neck back there! It can get cold at night when the wind picks up and the fog rolls in...
I got to see Carolyn in The City. I haven't been over there in a while, so it was nice to get out of San Leandro. Even nicer? Got to drive KT's car. I was aiming for Mom's, but KT had dibs. It's OK. I didn't have to take Dad's truck over there. We went to the Arboritum (? Aboritorium??) and saw the butterfly exhibit. Not as large as I was expecting, but OK for my $3 student fee. Marine World has a better one, from what I remember. After, we went to Cha Cha Cha and had a late lunch. Very good food. As we walked back through the park, we ran across "HIppie Hill". Carolyn said she'd heard of it. Well, we were in Sharon Meadows and it was full of hippies and mostly psuedo-hippies. Lots of dancing, drum circles, food, and pot. Reminded me of Arcata. (Later, when I was talking with Claire, did I only realize it was 4/20 and about an hour past 420pm....) We watched a movie at her place and I dropped her off to watch some French film later that night.
I had Claire over earlier this week for dinner. We ate some cactus verde that Phillip brought back for me from the Tias. It was tastey. They had made it so that the cactus was an additive to the chili verde sauce and pork. Dad even had a serving and liked it. Mom refused to touch it.
I also got to see Julie for dinner. I was being spontaneous in my invitation, but she "came out to play" anyway. It was nice to get caught up. I couldn't remember the last time it was that we saw each other.
Yesterday, I spent the day down in San Jose Katie. We didn't plan our trip, but we did stop by AAA for maps, Tourbooks, vacation ideas for a possible family trip for Papa's 90th birthday, and ordered a Trip Tic of the route we plan to take. It should arrive at KT's in about 10 working days. Yea! So, instead of planning our trip, we got manicures (me) and pedicures (KT), had lunch, turned in KT's time card for work, ate some ice cream/gelatto, shopped, proofread her latest paper, and I got a makeover and bought some supplies for waaaay too much money. It's the price of beauty. At around 7pm, I met up with Phillip, Jen, Mylinh, and Mylinh's boyfriend, Steve, for dinner. Considering I didn't have much understanding of what I was looking at on the gigantic menu, my meal turned out pretty good. After a failed search for some sort of bean ball Vietnamese dessert that Phillip wanted, we said good-bye to Mylinh and Steve. Katie called and wanted to know if I was still in town and to see if I/we wanted to hang out. I took Phillip and Jen to KT's place and we decided to karaoke. KT seemed a little leery, but enjoyed herself soon into it. We then went to have some yummy ice cream sundaes. It was a late night. I hope that Kate and Phillip are having OK days at work. Kate had to be up for a program at 9am and Phillip was helping old people through a work program similar to the Christmas in July that Dad's union participates in every year.
Tonight, I have dinner plans with Jen, Dayni, and Carolyn, I believe.... I've been eating a lot this week, but it's nice to see people at "normal" times!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home