De Young Museum
I'm tired, so I'll try to make this a short post. This week's highlights:
1) The appology letter for work went out. Yea!
2) KT was in another car accident. It's also been totaled again. Kate had a green light to turn left and the idiot thought that he had a green and ran his red light to slam into the front driver's side of the car. It's wheel is bent in, as is the driver's side door. The frame is bent, and therefore totaled. Kate is OK. Her shoulder was jammed and her back is a little off still, but it all hurts less, now. Until she gets a new car, she's driving Dad's truck.... I'm car-less again.
3) The Trip Tik came in the mail. Yea! It's in three little books. Lots and lots and lots of maps and info for me to admire. :>)
4) Mom's birthday was on Saturday. It was the big 5-0. We had a BBQ at the house and I decorated with crepe paper and balloons. Our house hardly ever looks so festive anymore!
5) I've had horrible allergies all week. I may just cave and say that "I'm sick". I have a doctor's appt to check out my cough and stuff.
6) Went to the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park today with Claire and Perry. It was an adventure to take public transit once again. Went to see the spcial exhibit on the Arts and Crafts movement featuring Frank Lloyd Wright and some other guy. I found that I like the movement for the most part. I like the craftsman style in American design. Saw the top of the tower and a great 360 degree view of the city. Saw the other permanent exhibits. Got yelled at twice within a 1/2 hr for my bottle of water. Water Nazis!! After the second scolding by museum staff (after about 3hrs of walking around with this bottle in plain sight AND getting past the purse search at the front door), I waited for Claire and Perry in the garden area. Water Nazis!! The museum was only going to be open for another hour anyway. Heather called, and I was happy to talk with her for a bit. Sounds like they might be moving to the Oregon coast, nearer to Ian's sister. I told her about how I ran into Erica after I was yelled at for my water bottle the first time. For those of you who don't know her, she was a friend of mine who worked with me and my uncle at the Piedmont Theater oh-so-long ago. I was so surprised to see her that it took me a loooong moment to realize it was she who'd called out my name. I was so shocked. I didn't think that I'd ever see her again!
7) Went out to dinner a couple of times with Phillip, Fred, and Rouja. Good dinners, good company, and free. With all the credit cards flying around, maybe I'll try to offer to pay next time. It's only fair...
8) Andrea's baby shower was Saturday. I couldn't stay long cuz it was Mom's birthday as well, but I had a good time. I got to see Lauren again. Peyton was there, but was being too shy to say hi to me. I left a space for Grandma (aka Lauren's mom) to sit between us on the sofa. I don't know of Andrea and David got a lot of good loot b/ I wasn't there for the present opening, but I do know that they had a lot of good leftovers! Homemade guacamole, salsa, rice, and beans and maaaybe, if they're lucky, some of the carnitas Elizabeth picked up from Los Pericos in downtown San Leandro.
1) The appology letter for work went out. Yea!
2) KT was in another car accident. It's also been totaled again. Kate had a green light to turn left and the idiot thought that he had a green and ran his red light to slam into the front driver's side of the car. It's wheel is bent in, as is the driver's side door. The frame is bent, and therefore totaled. Kate is OK. Her shoulder was jammed and her back is a little off still, but it all hurts less, now. Until she gets a new car, she's driving Dad's truck.... I'm car-less again.
3) The Trip Tik came in the mail. Yea! It's in three little books. Lots and lots and lots of maps and info for me to admire. :>)
4) Mom's birthday was on Saturday. It was the big 5-0. We had a BBQ at the house and I decorated with crepe paper and balloons. Our house hardly ever looks so festive anymore!
5) I've had horrible allergies all week. I may just cave and say that "I'm sick". I have a doctor's appt to check out my cough and stuff.
6) Went to the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park today with Claire and Perry. It was an adventure to take public transit once again. Went to see the spcial exhibit on the Arts and Crafts movement featuring Frank Lloyd Wright and some other guy. I found that I like the movement for the most part. I like the craftsman style in American design. Saw the top of the tower and a great 360 degree view of the city. Saw the other permanent exhibits. Got yelled at twice within a 1/2 hr for my bottle of water. Water Nazis!! After the second scolding by museum staff (after about 3hrs of walking around with this bottle in plain sight AND getting past the purse search at the front door), I waited for Claire and Perry in the garden area. Water Nazis!! The museum was only going to be open for another hour anyway. Heather called, and I was happy to talk with her for a bit. Sounds like they might be moving to the Oregon coast, nearer to Ian's sister. I told her about how I ran into Erica after I was yelled at for my water bottle the first time. For those of you who don't know her, she was a friend of mine who worked with me and my uncle at the Piedmont Theater oh-so-long ago. I was so surprised to see her that it took me a loooong moment to realize it was she who'd called out my name. I was so shocked. I didn't think that I'd ever see her again!
7) Went out to dinner a couple of times with Phillip, Fred, and Rouja. Good dinners, good company, and free. With all the credit cards flying around, maybe I'll try to offer to pay next time. It's only fair...
8) Andrea's baby shower was Saturday. I couldn't stay long cuz it was Mom's birthday as well, but I had a good time. I got to see Lauren again. Peyton was there, but was being too shy to say hi to me. I left a space for Grandma (aka Lauren's mom) to sit between us on the sofa. I don't know of Andrea and David got a lot of good loot b/ I wasn't there for the present opening, but I do know that they had a lot of good leftovers! Homemade guacamole, salsa, rice, and beans and maaaybe, if they're lucky, some of the carnitas Elizabeth picked up from Los Pericos in downtown San Leandro.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home