Life in the Golden State

Friday, October 13, 2006

highlights of my week

Since my last blog..... highlights

Wed, October 4th. hmmmm. Worked all day, felt crappy, cut my pilates class, and watched the season premire of Lost w/ Claire. Awesome episode.

Thurs, October 5th. Dad's birthday. THat night, I made dinner of Chicken Cordon Blue plus mushrooms and a salad. He enjoyed the birthday card I'd left for him on the kitchen counter that morning.

Fri, October 6th. Katie came up from San Jose and Papa brought over his food dehydrator. We made fruit leather and dehydrated fruits. Dan brought the girls over and they semi-enjoyed Oliver and Company (Lord forbid that it wasn't "memo" for Ms. Kieran) after lunch and a visit w/ Papa. Later that night, I watched Airplane! with Claire and Phillip and KT. Dad abandoned us to watch "the yelling guy" (as Mom calls him) and Mom, surprisingly, didn't forget my plan. :>) There was no need to escape to my room to watch the movie and I could have invited more people over. That will be my next attempt....

Sat, October 7th. Cleaned the house and attempted to make a lemon meringue pie for Dad's birthday dinner the next day. Picked a very easy recipe off the internet, but I messed up on the crust. The pie itself turned out OK.

Sun, October 8th. BBQ for Dad. Just us kids. It was fairly melow and low stress. Watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy w/ Phillip. I liked the dolphins and won't ever look at them the same way. Now, I just need to finish the book.

Mon, October 9th. Met up with Dad, KT, and the girls for lunch. Katie had taken Faolan and Kieran for the day and was out in Dublin. They got some Chinese take-out and we met up at Shannon Park. Good food, good entertainment. Had to rescue Kieran from an attempted swim in one of the fountains.

Tues, October 10th. I got to pick up the present for Papa's upcoming birthday. I need to wrap it soon.

Wed, October 11th. Went to the dentist. First time in almost 3 years - no dental insurance. My file almost got tossed. I have great teeth. No cavities. No horrible amt of plaque build-up on my "problem teeth". My plastic filling of ol' is holding up well. Dr. Vincek is still as nice as ever.

Thurs, October 12th. Didn't get to see Phillip as early as planned. Didn't leave work until after 9pm as Margie and I tried to balance out some stock trades. Instead of missing about $20,000, we're only off by about $4,000. We don't know why. It's the same info of the tax return as on the Morgan Stanley statements...

Fri, October 13th. oooooh. scary. If I was into scary movies more, I'd go see one w/ the rest of the world. Plans for today include shopping for a present and job applying. I haven't been able to apply all week. The one I did on Monday was in Redwood City, and I think I might have talked my way out of it. I was confused by the whole Officeteam thing - the caller, the website, and even if I applied for a job or not. Have to talk to the local branch.

Sometime this past week, I got an email from Megan w/ pictures from her trip to Portugal and, later, a postcard. Thank you Megan! It's nice to see and hear about people's travels. I also got an unexpected email from Antonio. He sure leads a life full of adventure. He's been spending a lot of time in South America (traveling up the Amazon River, seeing countries and friends, spending time on the equator, etc) and is sailing up to the Caribbean as we speak... Isn't it amazing how different everyone's lives are?

5 Comments:

  • Sounds like you have been staying busy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10/24/2006 10:57:00 AM  

  • Ha ha, your blog is all unoffensive and stuff. Nothing shocking and out of the ordinary happening here! Nope, not at all! I love how certain people aren't allowed to step outside of the behavioral box that others insist on creating for them. And when they express themselves, they get the hell beaten out of them, figuratively. Do not deviate! Do not be anything other than the safe comforting construct I want you to be!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10/24/2006 10:21:00 PM  

  • what is up with that other comment?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10/25/2006 05:49:00 PM  

  • I didn't know the author of "Primary Colors" was a reader of Amy's blog.

    By Blogger Chappy & Bailey, At 10/26/2006 07:48:00 AM  

  • yea! comments!

    YES, I have been busy. It's calmed down for this weekend, though. All I have planned is a movie date w/ Julie in a few minutes and an appearence at my brother's Halloween Party for the girls.

    No, "anonymous" isn't the author of Primary Colors, but I think they could be. Creative writing isn't out of their realm of possibilities.

    By Blogger amy, At 10/28/2006 10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home