Life in the Golden State

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Adventures in Distant Learning

I've begun my first ever "distance learning course". Having never done this before, I'm finding the kinks in the chain. I miss having the first day of class and more explanation than I'll ever need about things.

Information for this class is plentiful, but only if you know where to look for it.

I just spent the last few hours trying to complete a few assignments, and, well, I've done them wrong. grrrr! I did the reading and watched my movies and did the very entertaining skills assessments (it's a keyboarding class, by the way), and then I was stuck. Did I need to send in my test results for the assessment? I was pretty sure I did. I saved my scores and continued on... Two timed writings. Not bad. One 3 min, one 5. Not sure of what to use to test myself, I found a timed writing thing in the text and began. I did the 3 min, gotta good score, and closed the typing program window by mistake. No score. I completed another 3 min, copied and pasted my results, and moved on to the 5 min req. I searched for another timed writing in the text and typed away. Not paying attention to the timer (which has no beep), I continued typing and accidentally closed the results box with a simple hit of the "enter" key. *sigh* Again, I take the test. This time, I put the beeper on. It beeps every 15 seconds. Annoying, but there is no beep otherwise. I get my score and copy and paste and save. I go to the website to post my results and find that my typing tests have certain requirements, and, most importantly, a specific page number in the text with certain info to type. Not that I had this info printed out and in front of me, b/ like I said, information for this class is plentiful and found thru many links. So, after a break, I'm gonna take some tests again.

The good news is that I've found the homework assignments. Lessons A-T are on the computer program. The textbook is just for reference and the occasional test, I guess.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home