Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Blah Blog Entry

Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

I've spent the past week being sick. I blame it on the weather change and allergies and I cannot wait until the constant headache and sinus pressure go away!

The typing class is going OK. I find it kinda odd. There are times I make mistakes and the computer doesn't catch it. I feel as if I'm kinda cheeting, but, there is nothing to do about that. My speed is now in the 60's, but I'm not at a 100% accuracy. So, that is my goal. To be more accurate and a little faster than my certification of 55wpm by the time this class ends.

Last week, I took at test for the City of Concord. It went pretty well. I'm hoping to hear from them soon concerning a panel interview. I may have been THE annoying sick person in the room (every test situation has one, and I was it, sitting by myself at a corner table), but I hope that doesn't effect the outcome of my score.

I have an interview today. It's for the City of Pinole. It's a part-time position, but we'll see what happens. Maybe the full-time position I applied for there is still open??

This coming weekend is Easter. I've been a bad Catholic. I haven't stuck to the no-meat Fridays (mostly b/ I forget that it's Friday!), but I have managed to not crack on my item I gave up for Lent. A tradeoff?? So, not too sure about the holiday. We'll probably have some family over. My grandfather (from L.A.) may come back up this weekend. That would be nice. Nothing's been planned, but if Dan and Tracy bring the girls out, we wanna take them to the easter egg hunt at Arroyo. It'll be a first for the entire family as us kids used to go hunt for eggs at Washington Manor Park...

I don't have much else to say. Sorry! Just typing what comes to mind... which isn't much. I promise more interesting stuff in the future.

2 Comments:

  • Hello from New Orleans. Hope your interview went well. Keep working on the typing... you'll get better.

    By Blogger Chappy & Bailey, At 4/03/2007 09:47:00 PM  

  • The interview for the City of Pinole? I think it went OK. Nothing spectacular, but then again, they were whipping thru us all in 15 min incriments. I forgot to ask what happens next, so I hope to hear something soon. As for the City of Concord, I barely made the test score cutoff. I thought I did better, but oh well. I just have to impress w/ fine interviewing. It's been set up for the 19th.

    By Blogger amy, At 4/05/2007 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home