Life in the Golden State

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Aunt Lynne

I've been talking about Aunt Lynne a lot because she's a lot of fun. She's optimistic, energetic, and full of love; always givin' out the hugs and kisses. She's the complete opposite of her sister, Granndma Nancy (who's become really mello and reserved).

Aunt Lynne and her cousin, Mary Lou, stayed with us the last few days. They drove around SF on Friday with Grandma Nancy, but didn't do any other sightseeing. Mostly, they hung out with us or Grandma in this awful heat. They left today for AZ/The Grand Canyon, just as it has truly begun to cool down. They promise to come back to visit and to actually get some sightseeing in.

Saturday, we had a family BBQ with Mom's family. Everyone came but Eric and his brood. We had a lovely feast of tri-tip, chicken, beans, green salad, potato salad, pesto pasta salad, and strawberry/blueberry shortcake for dessert. As the evening wore on, it was obvious that those of us who spent too much time at the "airplane park" were sunburned. Dad was a lobster, the girls were less burned, and I was burned only on my hands and a little on my neck where I didn't button the shirt. I love my Coolibar (tm) long-sleeve tunic... and my hat, sunglasses, and sunblock. :>)

Mom is doing OK. She got the staples taken out of her knee area on Friday. I hope the wound continues to heal (despite her past healing record). Mom is stir-crazy and curses the heat. I think she may win the war over air conditioning this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home