"Gran Torino" and "Slumdog Millionaire"
Watched two really good movies last weekend.
Friday morning, Dad had the day off work. We went to see "Gran Torino". It's Clint Eastwood's latest flick. It was about an old man who's wife just passed and how he interacts with the community. The community has changed over the years and he appears to be one of the last white guys around. The rest of the community is ethnically diverse. The movie focuses on him and some Asian gang. The movie is a tad violent for me at times, but it's about gang stuff, so it slides. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with that stuff as I live in a fairly safe community.
Sunday morning, I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" with Phillip. It's set in India with the focus on one guy who's on a game show. The story follows his life as it pertains to the questions he's being asked on the game show. The flashbacks of his life describe how he's learned the answers to the questions. I liked it a lot. The movie gave a ton of description and background to the main character and made him real. This adds a lot to the ending as you're truly rooting for the guy to win the game.
Friday morning, Dad had the day off work. We went to see "Gran Torino". It's Clint Eastwood's latest flick. It was about an old man who's wife just passed and how he interacts with the community. The community has changed over the years and he appears to be one of the last white guys around. The rest of the community is ethnically diverse. The movie focuses on him and some Asian gang. The movie is a tad violent for me at times, but it's about gang stuff, so it slides. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with that stuff as I live in a fairly safe community.
Sunday morning, I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" with Phillip. It's set in India with the focus on one guy who's on a game show. The story follows his life as it pertains to the questions he's being asked on the game show. The flashbacks of his life describe how he's learned the answers to the questions. I liked it a lot. The movie gave a ton of description and background to the main character and made him real. This adds a lot to the ending as you're truly rooting for the guy to win the game.

3 Comments:
I liked Slumdog... especially when everybody started dancing at the end during the credits.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
2/21/2009 03:40:00 PM
Appearently, there is a dance scene at the end of all Indian movies... Very colorful and entertaining and nothing to do with the film. I liked it too.
By
amy, At
2/23/2009 02:47:00 PM
Maybe this is what American movies need. Imagine if Clint Eastwood started dancing at the end of his movies.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
2/24/2009 12:25:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home