Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Life

Events going on....

Mom's been in the hospital for almost a month. She was upset to spend both her birthday and Mother's Day in the hospital this year, but it had to be done. The ulcer on her foot wasn't healing, so she went to the hospital for IV antibiotics, had two surgeries to remove yucky stuff, bone fragments, and to relocate tendons. She's still on heavy antibiotics and in SL Hospital until the doctors think she's OK to go home with a daily nurse.

The house has almost become ours. Escrow was supposed to close last Friday, but after talking with Phillip tonight, it sounds like he should finally get the keys on Thursday. I'm super excited and want to share this huge occasion with him. Phillip or Louis can tell you all the dramas, but I have faith that the day will be Thursday. For once, I'm the optimist of the couple while Phillip is waiting for something else to happen.

My cousin is graduating college on Saturday, and I just got the invite today in the mail. She slacked!! I don't feel obligated to go as she sent the invites/announcements out so late, but at the same time, I should be there as she doesn't have a huge family. Phillip and I will be driving all around the Bay Area if we go that day. Up to San Rafael in the morning, back to San Leandro in the afternoon to take my grandparents to church in Fremont, then dinner and back home. Lots of driving, and we'll take my car for it's better gas mileage.

Dolores is retiring!! I never thought the day would come. I'm still in shock. I'm happy for her, happy for me (for the opportunity to do more stuff), and yet nervous b/ I have no training or clue as to how Dolores spends her days. I should, but she hasn't exactly shown me in the past year and a half. In other work news, our new manager, Doug is working out just fine. He's definitely a manager and a professional. His attitude brings a whole new feel to the office.

No news about wedding stuff. We ordered the Save the Dates, and we've almost got the guest list finalized. We're working on addresses, and I have to make a few phone calls this week to follow up with my dress order, alteration possibilities, and music for the ceremony. We have to decide on what other vendor to tackle next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home